Saturday, July 18, 2015

Blus Skies, Smilin' At Me

Dear Ones~
This is, without doubt, the hottest day of the year. 90 degrees with unbearable humidity. Guess where I played today....yep. My Craft Room. We don't have air conditioning, but we close the house up in the morning, and it stays amazingly cool for most of the day.

Today's offering is one of two. I'm entering this card in the Mod Squad Challenge. The challenge this week is to do either water or sky, and the sponsor is Kitchen Sink Stamps.  If you haven't checked out this great company yet, you should. They specialize in multiple stamping, and the effects are amazing!!

Here's my card:


I had no idea how I was going to make this card, I just knew I wanted to use that amazing butterfly. It's a triple stamp image using 3 different ink colors. So, I cut out a cloud shape and just started sponging. Then I saw a circle up there behind one of the clouds, and I thought it looked like a sun. Bingo, I cut a circle stencil and sponged in the sun. Added a little Wink of Stella for glitter, and there ya go.

Here's a close-up of the butterfly:

Lots of detail, what fun to use!!

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Ocean Mist, White and Peach Bellini Card Stock
Distress Ink in:
*Tumbled Glass
*Dried Marigold
*Worn Lipstick
Memento Ink in:
*Summer Sky
Potter's Clay 
GKD Peach Bellini Ink
Butterfly Kitchen Sink Stamp Set
GKD By the Sea 2 Stamp Set for Greeting
Copper Stickles
Clear Wink of Stella

Hope you check out Kitchen Sink Stamps! I think you will be amazed. Oh, and thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments!

6 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Fabulous, my friend. I love the simplicity of design that says so much. That buterfly is fabulous and so is your sun and sky. I must get a Wink of Stella. Why or why do they just keep creating these must haves faster than the budget can keep up???? I got some KSS stamps ,but they don't fit for the challenge. I agree they are fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally WOW! Love your sky and clouds, that's a fun technique too (one you have mastered--of course--I see!) And the sun so sparkly and hot, probably what you experienced first hand with your weather! Oooh that butterfly is fantastic, love the colors and the touch of copper Stickles. Judy, this is sooooooooooooo PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity that elicits such a warm and happy feeling. That butterfly is gorgeous! And I love the sun peeking out of the clouds. Simply put...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sky and that butterfly is stunning! Love the sparkly sun. Really lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You now that you are an artist when you suddenly see an inspiration and you just go with it. Love the inspiration that made this card. The simple card says so much. Love the close up of the butterfly..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your sky, sun and gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete