Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Butterflies are Free

Dear Ones~
Seems like everyone who is writing a blog lately has made comments on the weather. It's the most popular topic of conversation. All I will say about that is it is frigid, and I'm very grateful for our wood stove. My hubby is keeping us toasty warm!! It's cast iron and a real workhorse for it's size.Thought I would show you a picture of the 'ole gal.


Today's card was made for the Mod Squad Challenge, which was to make a pop-up card. Truth be told I dragged my feet on this one. Don't think I've ever made a pop-up card before. But I couldn't let my dear friend Joyce Erb down, so I created this card for her challenge.

I really was flying by the seat of my pants, but I rather like how it came out. I stamped and die cut the butterflies on watercolor paper and colored them with watercolors.

Here is the front:

I used a newly purchased paper pack from Recollections (Michael's) for the patterned paper. Most of the papers look like watercolor - and if you know me you know how I adore watercolor anything.

Here are the ingredients:
GKD White and Ocean Mist Card Stock
Recollections Painted Fancy Patterned Paper
Stampendous Lovely Garden Stamp Set for Butterflies and Sentiment
HOTP 10 Tiny Things Die Set
Cheery Lynn Flourish Die
PTI Doily Die
GKD Dogwood and Butterfly Stamp Set
Stampin' Up Butterflies Thinlits Dies
Stampin' Up Butterfly Basics Stamp Set for Sentiment

Thanks for stoppin' by, I adore your comments. Stay warm, my friends!!
 



14 comments:

  1. I would not have tried a pop up card without a challenge either! I think yours is so pretty, and it wasn't so bad, right? I love your butterflies and the patterned paper is so pretty. I may have to see if my store has that pack. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Judy this is beyond gorgeous! Love those gorgeous butterflies and love your watercolor ! Fabulous job making the pop up card! Have a Blessed day my dear! Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card Judy! Simply gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my friend,it does not look like your first one. Love the butterflies on the flourish branch and the fabulous colors. Love challenges that take us out of our comfort zone. Glad you did this because it is a real beauty and whoever gets it will feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I really thought that was your amazing watercolor background, cuz you're so good at them! This is beautiful, I love the butterflies and the colors you chose for them, stunning, the really POP! And then the beautiful background beyond the pop up....fabulous girl, just fabulous! The front as is pretty as the inside, loving that border punch! You have a lot of ingredients there and they all work so lovely together! We also used to have a wood stove in our other house, it was cast iron as well, put out a lot of heat....but oh so messy as the man would walk in through the kitchen and then through the living room with all that icky wood. That I don't miss, but we do have a gas stove now, same perks less messy! Stay warm....going back out to shovel....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow this is gorgeous!! I tried water color on my flowers but no way was it this good. Your butterflies are gorgeous. I have to get that paper too...I was sure you did it:-) So glad you were able to do one. I haven't done the random draw yet, your card is the last for me to comment on so I can tell you...definitely top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness! How did I miss this one! The glideslope of colors are so impressive. I only did a pop up card for the challenge, and would not do one as complicated as yours. This is so fabulous. You did it without instructions. Amazing, but I should not have even doubted you. As yet, there has not been a winner, but, this is the one. In my book anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Judy, your card is stunning, and those butterflies are so beautiful. Anyone would love to receive this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, amazing and more!! I love the colorfulness and those gorgeous butterflies. You outdid yourself on this one. Love the cozy look of that stove, I can just picture myself curled up with a soft blanket and glass of wine in front of it. Stay warm my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being amongst the winners at Mod Squad....had to come by for a better look. Love the outside of the card as much as the inside! Very pretty Judy! Stay warm...that is the type of stove my hubby had growing up...nothing heats a house any better, as far as he says!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Judy this is truly amazing. Love your background flowers. So much beauty here. Fantastic pop up card. Gorgeous bright colours and layout. Totally awesome in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you are staying warm. So are we. And, I love that card with the awesome background papers and those gorgeous dies used with it. Just fantastic in design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Judy! Your pop-up card is amazing! I've never attempted one of those. The butterflies are GORGEOUS and I love the colors you used! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow, what a show stopper this is! Beautiful design....love the pop-up. The butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete