Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Double D - LEAVE it to Me

Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D it's Team Darlene's turn, and the challenge is LEAVES. Use leaves on your project.
Just look at this luscious Mood Board provided for your inspiration! Is it not gorgeous??


So here's my card:
As you can tell, this is a birthday card for my dad. He is turning 99!!! I'm so thankful to still have him with me. This design has been CASED from some cards that Angie Cimbalo made recently. You can see them HERE. I thought her cards were just beautiful and I had to copy them. I have used a copper laminate which comes in a roll, think Contac Paper. I stuck it to a piece of card stock and dry embossed the panel. I think my dad will like it.
 
Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Black Onyx & White Card
Darice Basketweave EF
Darice Fall Leaf EF
SU Dragonfly Dreams for Greeting
SU Seasonal Layers Thinlits for Leaves
Deco Metallic Laminate 
Die Cut Letters by Art C

 
 
Please come on over to the Double D Blog to see what the other designers have created. And you could win this awesome prize if you play along.
 
 
 Oh, and thanks for stopping by, your comments always make me smile.
Hugs,
~judy~

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Judy, so love this with the 'dad' wording too.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing Judy and I will be checking out Angie's other cards later today! Perfect for Dad for his 99th birthday (WOW! God Bless Him!) You are so lucky to still have him ... my dad died when he was 68 (which I will be next year) I miss him every day! The metallics you've used is perfect and love that basket weave embossing. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Judy, what a beautiful card he is sure to treasure!! You make such pretty birthday cards, I know cuz I have one, thanks so very much!! How is the color there? We have talked of coming up this weekend but not sure or if we will stay home here and do some much needed work! Have a great day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Judy. That embossed foil looks amazing. I love the colors. Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masculine card design and I love that leafy embossed foil. I know your Dad will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, that copper laminate is gorgeous! I love it embossed. It looks like copper foil. So pretty. Fabulous card for your Dad, and happy birthday to him! Also, thank YOU for my pretty pink birthday card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Judy. Of course your Dad will treasure it as he does you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like it? Your Dad will love it, Judy. It masculine, elegant and gorgeous. And it looks like the upper right picture on the mood board. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous masculine card! I knew that contac paper would come in handy. lol Using for leaves is genius. Bet your dad loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly elegant and beautiful, but still masculine, Love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a special card for such a special man! 99!!! We should all be so lucky! How wonderful! This is a beautiful design with such rich colors and texture! The metallic are fantastic, that detail on that leaf is amazing! LOVE!!! (sorry I am so late in commenting, I have baby Fever lol)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is such a beautiful masculine card Judy! The texture and colors are fantastic. The beautiful leaf is the perfect touch with the embossed panel. Happy birthday to your Dad - what a wonderful age!

    ReplyDelete