Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Mod Squad - What a Flake

Dear Ones~
This week it's my turn to host over at the Mod Squad Challenge. I have entitled the challenge "WHAT A FLAKE!!!" You guessed it, you are to use a snowflake somewhere on your creation.
 
Our sponsor this week is Gina K Designs and Stamp TV
 Gina K Designs Craft store
Stamp TV is a free online community featuring card making, stamping techniques and project videos for paper crafters using stamps and other products by Gina K. Designs. Be sure to check out StampTV for a ton of great videos and techniques. They also have weekly challenges. Shop Gina K Designs.
 
THE PRIZE
A $20 gift certificate to the Gina K Designs store.

 Here's my card:
I decided to use black card stock and make my own patterned paper by stamping the snowflakes all over the panel and then white heat embossing them. I think they really pop against the black. I chose to use that pale blue with the black, I think it's just a beautiful color combination.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Black Onyx Card Stock
Bazill Icy Mint Card Stock
Stash Silver Glitter Card Stock
GKD Cold Snap Patterned Paper
GKD Christmas Joy Snowflake Stamps
GKD Let it Snow Stamp for Greeting
GKD White Embossing Powder
SU Layering Ovals Dies
Stash Gems
Stash Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to head on over to The Mod Squad Challenge and play along. You could win the prize! I can't wait to see your wonderful creations, and I adore your comments.
Hugs~

~judy~

13 comments:

  1. Your card is so gorgeous! I love snowflakes on cards but not so much outside my home. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those super sparkly snowflakes on the black. This will be the only place that I will see them this year. Nice challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embossed snowflakes. It takes courage to emboss on black paper. I always get those little dots no matter how much I use embossing buddy, blow on it and use a paint brush for strays. This card is absolutely pristine and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous!! Love the snowflake background and everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Judy. Love the snowflake background and how you have used the pale blue which softens your card nicely. Lovely bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job of laying out the snowflakes and embossing them, Judy. The blue gives a softer look to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card! I love the snowflakes on the black background and the blue is a beautiful choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB challenge! I love your pretty snowflakes and the pretty colors you used, it's so cool...literally, I'm going to grab a sweater! lol Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elegant, classy and GORGEOUS card....those snowflakes just pop!! Another beautiful design! Speaking of snowflakes, we have them here..LOTS of them...lol...I see your area got hit pretty hard too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your amazing card, Judy. That light blue with the black really makes it look so elegant! Thanks for visiting my blog.
    I just recently discovered ModSquad challenges. I will be playing here again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully snowy card! Not sure I've ever used light blue with black, but now I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a BEAUTIFUL card! Love that ribbon! It works perfectly with your design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely! The snowflakes are a real standout in
    such a pretty design.
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving those encouraging comments about my card featuring the Nativity die.

    ReplyDelete