Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Double D - Stripes and Dots

Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D we are playing with Stripes and Dots. Here is the Mood Board created for your inspiration:


And here is my card:
This card came together really quickly. I just used a few daisy punches to punch out some shapes and layer them together. The patterned paper pack I used had only dots and stripes, so it was easy to pick the papers I wanted. The background is a Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folder. I thought it went well with the dots theme. I have recently starting trying to use the Color Wheel to pick colors for my cards. It really does make a difference in the way the card pops. I tend to be "matchy/matchy" so this is a revelation to me.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD White Card Stock
Core' dinations Dots and Stripes Patterned Paper
Cuttlebug Tiny Bubbles EF
Stash Daisy Punches
Stash Polka Dot Ribbon
Stash Pearls


You really should hop on over to Double D Challenges and see what the other designers have created. And if you play along, you could win this awesome embossing folder.

 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are having a great week. I cannot BELIEVE it's the middle of October and almost Halloween! Don't forget to swing by Double D and check us out.  Oh, and I so appreciate your lovely comments!!!
Hugs~
~judy~



15 comments:

  1. Love! This is such a delightful, happy card, Judy! The bright colors and stream lined design are amazing. One of these days, I hope to be able to do clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if using th color wheel made this "Pop" you really got it going on. This card is a stand alone in color and design. Add a sweet bow and you got an adorable creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a great design ... I love it! Didn't take a lot but sure packs a punch! GREAT JOB!! You ladies have certainly inspired me with your designs ... another WOW morning for me! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having the most fun looking at all our dots and stripes this morning. I think it's really interesting the effect of overlaying the striped paper with the sheer dot ribbon. That caught my eye as it seems to enhance the paper in a special way and bring all your dots and stripes together. Pretty paper in that pack. Love the colors you selected with the aid of the color wheel. Just want to add that the Bday card you sent was gorgeous and the inside sentiment hilarious. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card for this Challenge! I love the colors you chose. Great job with the color wheel! It does help. I should use mine more. You're an inspiration, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful way to incorporate the stripes and dots. I think your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy card with bright happy colors. Love the dotted flowers and the touch of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh "matchy/matchy" girl this is AWESOME!! So bright and happy. That ef is the perfect background and that cute little bow really finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paper packs work well, Judy, but you still have to pick the right papers from it and you sure did. This is so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The design is beautiful from the embossing to the gorgeous flowers...love this Judy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo HAPPY! And bright and sunshiny! That is one pretty paper pack you have purchased (say that 10 times fast!) Makes life easy to create such a darling card as this! The flowers are soooo pretty all polka dotted up! Just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card with the 'rainbow' of colors and creative to add the sheer dot ribbon...love this!! Thank you so much for the cards you sent me, not only are they beautiful, but very much appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a happy card! I love the flowers in all of the fun polka dot colors...beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful card Judy. Love the combination of the pretty flowers and that fab embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my entry at Double D's. I just had to stop by your blog and say hello. [And I'm glad I did. Lots of inspiration here. Gonna go surf your posts and then head to my craft room ready to color, cut and create. [Kathy A at https://myasperations.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete