Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Mod Squad Challenge - Modern Grid

Dear Ones~
It's my turn to host again over at the Mod Squad Challenge. I have chosen to do a Modern Grid. This technique is very easy. First, create an image on your cardstock panel. Then with a ruler, draw grid lines, skipping over the focal image. This makes the focal look as if it is popped up against the background grid. After you have drawn your grid you can decorate the squares any way you like. 


SPONSOR

Gina’s goal is to continue to offer top quality signature products through her online store Gina K. Designs along with informative and creative crafting videos.Be sure to check out StampTV for a ton of great videos and techniques. They also have weekly challenges. Shop Gina K Designs.
Gina K. has been in the stamping industry since 1998 and started Gina K. Designs in 2007. As the business grew, Gina asked her husband Tom to leave his position as an attorney to join her in the business. Together they built StampTV, their online video website featuring broadcast quality paper crafting videos, galleries, social network for paper crafters and more! Gina now has over 200,000 followers over her various social media networks and video sites from all around the world.

A $20 gift certificate to the Gina K Designs store!!!


Here's my card:

Here’s My Card

For this card I used a Gina K Designs stamp st by Hannah Schroepfer called Whimsical Wildflowers. The greeting is from the GKD stamp set by Lisa Hetrick called Something Good in Every Day.  Cardstock is GKD Jelly Bean Green, Black Onyx and White. I used my Zigs to color the focal and some of the squares.

Glad you stopped by, and don't forget to head on over to The Mod Squad Challenge and play along. You could win the prize! I can't wait to see your wonderful creations, and I adore your comments!
Hugs~

~judy~




12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and I love the way you did the grid and even did some doodling on some of the squares. I hope I can find a bit of time to do one for the challenge. Life is so busy these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I too hope I have the time to play this week. Still trying to finish up Xmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. That looks like a very fun technique. Hope I get myself organized enough to play along (everyone who knows me is laughing at that one) lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Judy. Such a different technique but wonderful background for those beautifully coloured blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this and think it's a great technique to try out.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Judy, I'm loving this design. Will have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Judy! Thanks for the detailed description. I'll have to play around with that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THUD! I loooooooooooooooooove this look! What a fabulous technique! Your floral images are gorgeous, colored perfectly! I adore the grid look too, so fantastic, so clever! I NEED to do this!!!! This is really STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely and unique Judy! I have not seen this done before! I am so impressed! Heart hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I don't know how I missed this one! Your flowers are gorgeous and I really love the grid pattern....so creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for such a fun challenge. I got addicted to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great technique, Judy. It looks just like a quilt without having to piece it. Love the colors you chose too.

    ReplyDelete