Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Double D - Watercolor

Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D the challenge is Watercolor. One of my all time favorite mediums. Just look at this GORGEOUS Mood Board provided for our inspiration. OH MY GEEEEE.....my mouth is just watering from all this beautiful color.........

And here is my card:
I can't tell you how much I envy those who can do their magic with water color. I need to practice more. Here I have cut out a card base with the PTI Noted: A2 Scalloped Die, and then colored the flowers from the Honey Bee Spring Blossoms set with Mission Gold watercolors and  die cut them out.  For the background I did a simple smooshing technique with Distress Inks. I was paying homage to the photo on the lower left in the Mood Board.

Here are the Ingredients:
*GKD White Card Stock
*PTI Scalloped A2 Die
*Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
*Honey Bee Spring Blossoms Stamp
and Companion Dies
*Card Making Magic All Around Greetings for Greeting
*SU Stitched Circles

 
 I would invite you to head on over to the Double D Challenge and check out what the other designers have done with this Mood Board. And if you play along, you could win this awesome paper pack. If you love water color you will LOVE these papers!!!!
 
 
 
I so appreciate your stopping by and leaving your lovely comments. They make my day. Don't forget to go over to the Double D Challenge, and I'll see you next time!!!
Hugs~
~judy~

11 comments:

  1. OH WOW this is SO pretty!! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Judy your card is stunning!! Every time I visit the DD girls blogs and see all the beautiful flower stamps you gals use it makes me want them all...beautiful water coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. I envy this pretty card of yours, it is gorgeous! It's beautifully painted and designed. That circle sentiment is fabulous and your blossoms are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely, Judy! The blue background looks fabulous with the pink flowers. I hear ya on the watercolor. I took this challenge in a whole different direction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on this card. Love the detail and love love the little white dots. This is definitely watercolor at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers and design.Slipping the flowers behind the sentiment is wonderful and the pretty bow and pearls are the perfect finishing touch. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your background, Judy, and don't kid yourself, you did a beautiful job on those flowers. What a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Beautiful design and water colouring most gorgeous background too.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your watercoloring is wonderful, Judy. The colors blend so nicely for color and contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No practice needed I think it looks fabulous! The flowers are amazing too! You need to not be so critical as this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card, love the watercolored BG, the floral stamps are gorgeous, love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete