Saturday, May 11, 2019

Shadow Box - Just Wing It

Dear Ones~
It has been quite some time since I have entered a challenge just for the fun of it, and I guess that's why this project has been just that much more fun. I am entering this into the Gina K Designs Monthly Mix Challenge. This time Rema has challenged us to use something with wings on our project.

Here is what I came up with:

I recently watched a video by Sam at Mixed Up Craft where she created a Shadow Box Card. You can watch her video HERE. I thought her project was so charming, and I wanted to try making the shadow box frame just for fun. Turns out it is UBER easy to do, and so much fun. For this little gem I used the butterfly from the new GKD Elegant Asters kit, and the background was stamped with images from Lisa Hetrick's set called Something Good in Every Day. I used this really pretty glitter gold embossing powder (stash - no clue where I got it) to stamp on the background and also the butterfly, which was then sponged with Tranquil Teal Ink. The HELLO die cut was done with a die from the Elegant Asters Kit, cut 3 times, once in Tranquil Teal, twice in white and then layered.




Here is another one I did with different materials.
Ingredients for this one available upon request.  These are about 4 inches square.





The Ingredients:
First Edition Wildflower Patterned Papers
GKD White Card Stock
GKD Elegant Asters Kit
GKD Something Good in Every Day Stamp Set 
GKD Elegant Asters Kit for HELLO Die Cut
GKD Tranquil Teal Ink
Stash Embossing Powder 
Stash Gem

Sooooo....do we have spring? It snowed yesterday morning for a little while. I just shook my head and went about my business. At least my daffodils are up. Hope you have a good week, thanks so much for stopping by. I adore your comments, they always make me smile.
Hugs~

~judy

7 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh.... I'm delighted by these two shadow box cards! They are so lovely with the butterflies and those colourful frames! Love both so much, I couldn't choose a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both wonderful! I think I am stuck in a rut. I only make A2 sized cards. I think I need to broaden my horizon. lol Love the shadow boxes and the lovely colors. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick me up off the floor please Judy. Both these shadow boxes are out of this world glorious! Such attention to detail here. Can't stop gazing at that purple piece - would have to be an all time favourite for me. Brilliantly beautiful. PS Still on the floor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness! These are over the top gorgeous! Love the shadow box style, it really showcases those beautiful butterflies! The gold hi lights everything too! Love the squares stamped in the background of that first one too! NICE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Judy. These are fantastic! The frame color on the first one is so vibrant and accents that gold embossed butterfly beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for playing along in the Just "Wing" It challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with Ina on this one! Drop dead gorgeous! The first one has me drooling! The teal and gold look amazing together! WOW! You are such a versatile stamper!!

    ReplyDelete