Monday, September 28, 2020

Color Hues - Navy and Turquoise

 

Color Hues 

Dear Ones~

Today's offering is for the Color Hues Challenge. This time we are using NAVY and TURQUOISE. What a cool color combination. I love it.

Here's my card:

For this card I used the technique Gina K used a little while ago. I will link her video HERE. I took a couple of fronds from a fern, coated them in Versamark and stamped them on the navy card stock. Then I heat embossed them with the Ranger Antiquities Embossing Powder in turquoise. It's gorgeous IRL - there's specks of gold in it.
Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Navy and Ivory Card Stock
Hot Off the Press Twilight Jewels Patterned Paper
Tim Holtz Metallic Card Stock
Spellbinders Fancy Labels 3 Die
GKD Thankful Greetery for Greeting
GKD Master Layouts 2 for Banner
Stash Gold Thread and Gold Pearls

Cold and rainy here in Northern Michigan today. A great day for some chili and cornbread, and to hang out in my craft room. Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to swing on over to the Color Hues blog. Lotsa great inspiration there!!

Until next time, here's celebrating your Creative Muse,
~judy



7 comments:

  1. This is so elegant Judy! The fact that you got such a great defined image with real fronds is amazing! I never heat emboss enough and this card is really motivating me to give it a try this week. The gold accents was the perfect neutral!! Having you join us at Color Hues is a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colors are gorgeous together, and I am amazed how crisp your ferns stamped....WOW! Haven't tried this as yet....someday I hope! The gold accents look gorgeous too and just give that little spark/sparkle! This is really fabulous, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Those colors go so well together and the gold accents make it so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Judy! What contrast with the blues and golds. The skinny little fronds really stamp cleanly! Love the metallic string wound around like that. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous and so creative. I love how you take a technique and change it up. These colors are so different for a nature card, but you did it and it works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW this is just gorgeous! Beautiful design and the gold really brings it all together! LOVELY creation my friend!

    ReplyDelete