Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Mod Squad - Perfectly Pantone

Dear Ones~

This time over at The Mod Squad I am hosting again. I have chosen to use the Pantone 2021 colors of the year.  What is Pantone you say? The Pantone Color Institute is a consulting service that forecasts global color trends and advises companies on color in brand identity and product development. It is used in the fashion and furniture industry to determine trends in color, and changes every year. The 2021 Pantone colors are GRAY and YELLOW, so you MUST USE ONLY gray and yellow on your card. You may also use black or white if you wish, but NO OTHER COLOR AT ALL or your entry will be eliminated so that the numbers will not be skewed for the random drawing. This challenge will run for 2 weeks, and will end on APRIL 20th at 12 noon.

 SPONSOR

                                             SHOP GINA K DESIGNS

Gina K. has been in the stamping industry since 1998 and started Gina K. Designs in 2007. As the business grew, Gina asked her husband Tom to leave his position as an attorney to join her in the business. Together they built StampTV, an online video website featuring broadcast quality paper crafting videos, galleries, a social network for paper crafters and more! Since then they have created a new website called Gina K Designs. Gina now has over 200,000 followers over her various social media networks and video sites from all around the world. Gina’s goal is to continue to offer top quality signature products through her online store Gina K. Designs, along with informative and creative crafting videos. There is also a monthly card challenge, where you have 3 chances to win a $25 gift certificate. Visit that HERE.

PRIZE

A $20 gift certificate to the Gina K Designs store.

Here is my sample:


I began by sponging the Leafy Stencil with Soft Stone Ink on Soft Stone Card Stock with a GKD Blending Brush for the background. I took a piece of the Petite Patterns Patterned Paper and sponged it with Wild Dandelion Ink. The image is from the Stately Flowers 1 Stamp Set and was stamped with GKD Embossing and Watermark Ink and then heat embossed with Black Fine Detail Embossing Powder. I colored it with Distress Markers and then cut it out with the Master Layouts 1 Oval Die and the companion scalloped oval in Black Onyx Card Stock. The greeting is from that same Stately Flowers 1 Stamp Set and it is die cut with a banner die from the Master Layouts 3 die set. Then I put it all together using Soft Stone and GKD White Card Stock. The little bee on the flower is from the GKD Beautiful Bees Stamp Set and cut out with the companion die.
 

 
 
 Thanks for stopping by, I always enjoy your comments. And don't forget to swing on over to The Mod Squad Challenge and play along. You could win the prize.

Until next time, here's celebrating your Creative Muse.
Hugs,
~judy

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I have loved this color combo even before it became fashionable lol Fab ink blending! I love your classic design and your pretty yellow poppy, a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card and so surprised at how lovely gray and yellow look together. I will have to see if I can come up with a plan also. I wish I had more yellow designer paper. I might have to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is amazing! I love how you used distress markers on the flowers! The background is so cool, with stencil and even sponging the pattern paper! You topped it off with a bee! It's the perfect kind of card for these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! Your work is amazing. That is a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is smashing and boasts of Gina K and all of her supplies. I love this color combo and I sure hope that I get a chance to play along with you this time. My craftroom is still occupied and we are off to the beach today. The bitter sweet is that it is their last full day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this card is gorgeous! Love the background and sponging on patterned paper. Your flower is colored beautifully......perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Judy, I love how you have incorporated so many mixes into your design from the patterned paper to the different layers and your colouring is gorgeous I love how the yellows just pop off the card. The colour combo of grey and yellow is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. The sponged background and the lovely flowers look fabulous, especially in the gray and yellow. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Judy. I love the stenciled leaves in the background that add dimension without distracting from that gorgeous yellow poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background for your beautiful flowers, Judy!

    ReplyDelete