Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Double D - Leaves

 Dear Ones~ There's a new challenge up over at Double D and this time the theme is LEAVES. Here's the Mood Board for our inspiration: 
 

And here's my card:

I found a really cool technique by Ann Melvin on YouTube the other day where you use paper towel to die cut your shapes and then use watercolor to color them. You can catch her video HERE. It was so much fun to do and I want to do more. I used leaf dies from a couple of different companies and colored the shapes with my Mission Gold Watercolors. The possibilities are endless. You can also do it with paper napkins, as Dave has done HERE. To finish the card off I dyed the ribbon with GKD Tranquil Teal Ink and splattered the whole thing with some Fine Tech Gold Watercolor.



 The Ingredients:
GKD White and Tranquil Teal Card Stock
SU Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder
Altenew Leaf Mix Die Set
Frantic Stampers Assorted Foliage Die Set
Creative Expressions Be Unique Die by Sue Wilson
Mission Gold Watercolors
Fine Tech Gold Watercolor
Stash Gold Foil Card Stock
Paper Towel

 
 
 If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this die set by Impression Obsession called Small Leaf, and don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created for your inspiration. 
Impression Obsession - Dies - Small Leaf Set
 
I'm so glad you stopped by, and thank you for all your special comments. You are too kind!!!  Summer has flown by and it sure feels like fall. Hope we have a little more time to get some fall camping in before it gets too nasty, which it can do in the UP of Michigan this time of year.
Oh, and don't forget to head on over to Double D to see what's going on. 
 
Until next time, here's to celebrating your Creative Muse.  
~judy
 
 


19 comments:

  1. Wow, this is stunning and looks like a whole lotta fun! Loving those splatters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Fabulous colors and what a clever and unique technique. Definitely going to watch that, thanks! Your colors and design look fantast, and I am loving the gold accents and your FAB sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Judy! So you're saying those leaves are cut from paper towels?? I just opened the link to watch the video. I love the vibrant colors and that gold skeleton leaf is such a beautiful touch. A beautiful make for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly ... this is GORGEOUS! I'm definitely going to check out these videos and give it a try ... LOVE your color scheme too! YOU GO GIRL ... this is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has to be one of my favorite cards of yours, Judy. I want to touch those leaves. And I want to try thata technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very gorgeous and elegant looking with the mix of leaves. I really admire your leaves from paper towels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you make a glamorous fall card without using fall colors? Well, there is a spec here and there. This is totally amazeballs and I l love the classy look. Now I will go and watch the videos and praise you again for finding them and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Unique is right. Love the un-fall colors with the touch of gold. You out did yourself on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card and gorgeous colours and design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, Judy! I love the paper towel die cut leaves. This is so elegant and yes, truly unique! The colors are beautiful! I need to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow that is just gorgeous, I remember now when Dave did it awhile back but I never gave it a try. I love your layering of everything it all comes together wonderfully, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried this technique a couple of times but it never looked this good. The leaves you chose and the addition of the gold makes it so elegant and eye catching. The Bow is gorgeous in the teal color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! Such a cool technique. Those leaves look so cool. I am going to have to try this!! STUNNING card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely amazing, love the design, the technique and the glorious colours x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous, artistic card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Judy your card is lovely. Who would have thought to use paper towels with dies, but oh my gosh, what texture that adds. Your card is truly unique. Nice to visit you again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Judy! I love the beautiful bow and all of your pretty details. The colours are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful, I love it. I am going to have to check out that technique. thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my word, this is sooooooo gorgeous! Another idea I've always meant to try, but my list of things to try is as long as my arm. You pulled this together with such classic elegance and beautiful colors. Wow!

    ReplyDelete