Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Double D - Trees

Dear Ones~

I LOVE trees, all kinds of trees, so I was overjoyed to see our challenge this time over at Double D. It's TREES!! Here is the Mood Board for our inspiration:

And here's what I came up with:

I took a little poetic license with the Mood Board and picked up on that gorgeous flaming red to use as a background for this card.  It's blended with 4 different colors and I love the effect. Sadly, I was in need of a sympathy card, so I kept the design pretty simple. I took a piece of card stock and ink blended over the whole panel. Then I cut the oval in another panel, ran it through an embossing folder for some texture, and attached the ink-blended panel on the backside so it showed through the oval. I love the look of the silhouetted trees.



 
 The Ingredients:
GKD Whisper and Black Onyx Card Stock
SU Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy Ink
GKD Blue Denim Ink
SU Nesting Oval Die
SU Old World Paper Embossing Folder
SU Tree Dies
SU Heal Your Heart Stamp for Greeting
 
 
 
 
 
 If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this FABULOUS die set from Impression Obsession, and don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created for your inspiration. 

 
I'm so glad you stopped by, and thank you for all your sweet comments. You are too kind!!!  Don't forget to head on over to Double D to see what's going on.
 
Until next time, here's to celebrating your Creative Muse.  
~judy


11 comments:

  1. Sorry you needed a Sympathy card (I've had to make a couple over the past few weeks too) But, this will surely bring them comfort. Love your pretty sponging/blending, makes for a gorgeous night sky for your FAB die cut trees--very cute--love their look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy this is absolutely stunningly beautiful!! A fabulous take on the mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just GORGEOUS Judy and I simply LOVE your design (I'll be pinning this to remind me when I'm making sympathy cards to use this beautiful design!) Sorry you needed a sympathy card at this time ... I too have needed more sympathy cards over the past year than I ever have!! SO SO SAD!!! But on the brighter side ... your stunning card was sure to lift the spirits of the recipient! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry there was a need, Judy, but your sympathy card is beautiful. The ink blending is fabulous and those trees are wonderful in silhouette. BTW: Those boys are my GREAT grandsons. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the need of a sympathy card, but what inspiration this is. I love the background, it could be snow or just puffy clouds. That sponging on the oval is so striking and amazing. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so simply beautiful!! Sorry you needed a sympathy card, this one will surely bring comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Judy! There's nothing more comforting than the love of a friend during a difficult time. Extending my sympathies to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and elegantly understated. The background looks amazing with the silhouette trees. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that red background. It fits the mood boar wonderfully. Sorry about needing a sympathy card. As we approach our golden years, it seems like we need more of these than birthday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a creative use of the mood board & beautiful sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete