Monday, March 21, 2016

For Dad

Dear Ones~
I decided this year to make my dad a book mark instead of an Easter card. He is an avid reader, and he will be able to use the book mark all year long.

Here's the result~~~
I got to play with some foiling with this one. I took the cross die and made a copy of it with my laser printer. Then I cut the shape out and foiled it through my laminator. I think Becca Feekan came up with the idea. You can see her tips HERE.
This book mark is a folder with two magnets on the inside bottom. You place the book page inside the folder and let the magnets grab each other to hold the book mark in place.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD White Card Stock
Gold Foil Card Stock from my Stash
Spellbinder Cross Die
Recollections Espresso Patterned Paper Stack
Minc Gold Foil
Foiled Computer Generated Greeting
Laser Printer 
Scotch Laminator

This will be entered in the Double "D" Challenge,
here is the inspirational photo~
 
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful week, I adore your comments!

9 comments:

  1. That is GLORIOUS! Perfect for your Dad! Love that type of bookmark, with the magnets, so handy and useful! The gold foiling is beautiful, isn't there just something spectacular about it? LOVE this, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! that is one beautiful bookmark. I'm sure your dad will treasure it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great idea to use the magnets. this is one handsome book mark and perfect for your Dad. Love the cross and sentiment and the pretty paper. Thanks for linking up with us at Double D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created Judy and what a wonderful gift! Thank you for joining us at Double D for our 'Easter' challenge.
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'm sure your father will appreciate this and think of you every day he uses it. I love that beautiful cross!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful gift for an avid reader. He will think of you when he uses it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a great idea Judy and it's just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘EASTER’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! What a beautiful, masculine bookmark. I'm sure your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is superb. The bookmark is a great idea and so perfectly done. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete