Saturday, March 5, 2016

It's Easy Being Green

Dear Ones~
Well, it's been a few days since I posted anything, but I have been busy at work creating some new things. This card is green.....all green....and I don't really love it. I love the green part, just not the card itself. But there you just are and that's all I have to say about that. We all have our ugly card moments, lol.

I wanted to use this sketch from the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge:

I also wanted to enter this Double "D" Photo Challenge:
So here's my card, don't judge:
 As you can see, the Double "D" Challenge is to make a green card with just a pop of red. I have been so in love with the W Plus 9 Happy Birds Stamp set, these images just make me smile. So I had to use them again on this card. I made my own tag, embossed with a Paper Studio Embossing Folder and sponged with Distress Inks. Oh, and how do you like the new Vuvo Crystal Drops? I just got a bunch of colors; here I used the bright green. They take the place of enamel dots, you use them like Liquid Pearls, and they are a dream!! I LOVE them!!!!

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Fresh Asparagus and Ivory Card Stock
Paper Studios Embossing Folder, sorry, don't know the name
Recollections Habitat Patterned Paper
W Plus 9 Happy Birds Stamp Set & Companion Dies
Tim Holtz Scribbles and Splat Die
Distress Inks
Cheery Lynn Flourish Die
Vuvo Crystal Drops
Enamel Accents
White Gel Pen & Stickles

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Double "D" Challenges - Feeling Green
Scrapy Land - Anything Goes with a Die
Simon Says Monday - Take a Leap into the Unknown 
                                (my new Crystal Drops) 
Simon Says Wednesday - Touchy Feely, Add Some Texture

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments. And for those of you who live in states that participate in Daylight Savings Time, a week from tomorrow is the turn over. Spring forward, my friends! Spring is coming, spring is coming!!!! 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. LOL ... what a fun stamp set and great card Judy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Feeling GREEN’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love it. The different shades of green are really pretty and those birds are adorable! Love the pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I think it is a fabulous card! Love those little birdies, and that new Vuvo is fabulous, I need more colors! Thank you for joining our Double D 'Feeling Green' challenge!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has a TAG!!!....c'mon girl any card/project/creation is awesome when you slap a TAG on it!!! You know I love it! Those birds are quite fun and whacky! I love their faces and how you colored and decorated them! Great shades of green, think you got everyone known to man! :) Okay now I have to go look up Vuvo Crystal Drops.....they do look great though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright and beautiful...this is so much fun and I love it! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the total look of this card. The textures look like a tree with branches for the birds. They are fun and I can see why you like them. Have you found a replacement for Judy Dots?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I like it. Love all the texture inn it and of course, those cute birdies too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the embossing and the cute birds. This card made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Far from an ugly card! Those birds are TOO FUN! Thanks for joining in at DD's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugly??? I think not!! When I first looked at the card, before reading your words, I thought how much I liked it. Those cute birds can't make a card ugly...nor can you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A cute fun card Judy! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You KILL me!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! It is NOT an ugly moment or card (belly laughing)!!!! And yes, the birdies are so chic - I love seeing them. Your card is not uglyyyyy! I'll show you some ugly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a fun take on the sketch! thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy you are being too hard on yourself...I think it looks super gorgeous and very cute with the colorful birdies and I do love the shades of green you have used
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow this is so cute - love this. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete