Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Double D - Pastel Party

Dear Ones~
I have some fantastic news that I have been so anxious to share with you! I have been invited to join the Design Team over at the Double D Challenge Blog. I will be on team Diane. It's such an honor and my great good pleasure to be working along side all these talented ladies. Thank you SO MUCH for inviting me, Diane!

This week we have a wonderful mood board for your inspiration. The theme is PASTEL PARTY. Just look at this gorgeous board:
 

And here is my card:
 I love working with pastels, so this was perfect for my first post as a new designer for Double D. This image is Altenew's Peony Bouquette. It lends itself so well to coloring. I used the Oxide Inks in Worn Lipstick. I have been wanting to see what they would do when used to watercolor. I really love working with them, very fun. I just put a puddle of reinker on my craft sheet and used a watercolor brush.

Here are the Ingredients:
Recollections Rose Petals 110lb Card Stock
GKD White Card Stock
Colorbök Green Pastel Card Stock
K & Company Susan Winget Patterned Paper
Altenew Peony Bouquet Stamps
GKD Cottage Garden Stamp for Greeting
GKD Gold Embossing Powder
Worn Lipstick Oxide Ink

Please come on over to the Double D Blog to see what the other designers have created.  There is always a wonderful prize up for grabs too, so check it out. Oh, and thanks for stopping by, your comments always make me smile.

Hugs,
~judy~


10 comments:

  1. BIG Congratulations Judy. They sure know talent when they see it and you will certainly be an asset to the Team. Beautiful card here. Love that stamp set - just haven't used it much (need the dies hehe) . Such detail and you coloured it superbly. Gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our team Judy, it's great having you with us to share your gorgeous work. This is just another example of the exquisite design you make.xx
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy this is just GORGEOUS!!! We are so glad you have come to join our Double D family and look forward to many more of your beautiful designs! What a fabulous start ... awesome inspiration to all that's for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, welcome to the Double D Team! Your card is lovely. I have long been an admirer of your creative projects and happy to be one of your teamies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're with us, Judy! And just look at your first card. It's pastel perfection! Beautiful stamp, and so good to see the oxide inks used for watercoloring. I love how it turned out. Welcome, and look forward to lots more fun with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on this new adventure. You will fit right in. Your first card is so motivating and I love the pastel wonderful colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, friend. I swear you can color with anything and make it gorgeous. Love the rose embossed in gold and the designer paper is a perfect backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS! We are so lucky and happy to have you! YAY! That peony is gorgeous, love the gold embossing, it makes it POP all the more! Your Designer Paper is just as gorgeous, I can see all of that sparkle and shine! Fantastic design! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to our team Judy! Such a beautiful card. Love the layout and the colors, so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love your gorgeous flower and the oxide watercolor is beautiful!!!The gold embossing sets off that Rose perfectly making it so elegant!!! I love, love having you as part of the DD and your wonderful talent and look forward to all your creativeness...WELCOME!!
    {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete