Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Double D - Sentiment/Quote

Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D Team Darlene has challenged us to use a Sentiment or Quote on your card.

Here is the Mood Board provided for your inspiration:
 
 And here is my card:
The background for this card was so much fun to do. I saw a video over at Splitcoast Stampers showcasing the technique. You can watch it HERE. I used my Oxides and a stencil. The quote is one of my favorites. It's an old wood block rubber stamp by Inkadinkado, I have had it forever. The dragonflies are a die from Stampin' Up and I die cut it twice, once in black and once in purple glitter paper. Then I inlaid the wings with the glitter paper. I love doing inlay, it's like putting together a puzzle.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Wild Orchid and Black Card Stock
Recollections 110# White Card Stock
Canson XL Watercolor Paper
Distress Oxide Inks in Seedless Preserves & Wilted Violet
Inkadinkado Stamp
SU Dragonfly Dreams Die
Paper Studio Glittered Paper Pack
Hero Arts Glorious Petals Stencil
GKD Black Embossing Powder 
Nuvo Jewel Drops

Please come on over to the Double D Blog to see what the other designers have created. And if you play you could win this great prize, Crafty Secrets 'Words from the Heart' booklet:
 
 
Oh, and thanks for stopping by, 
your comments always make me smile.
Hugs,
~judy~   

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Judy and I love, love your background as well as the 'inlaid' dragonflies!! Pretty~pretty!! Hope you are enjoying our wonderful Michigan weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful dramatic bright coloring. Right up my alley. Lol I know first had how these dragon flies look in real life. I believe that you sent my one on a card. That background is to die for and I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quote really love it and the dragonflies are a fab addtion.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Judy! Couldn't think of a better sentiment for every day life. Love those dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes and you highlight them beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design and sentiment. Love the dragon flies. Thanks for the video. I don't have many stencils, but you can ink an embossing folder and spritz it then lay paper on top and get nearly the same effect. You can emboss that way too and get more texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sentiment, Judy, and the art you've created to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that quote....I have that stamp too, it just speaks to you, yes? Pretty, pretty card! Your background is beautiful and those dragonflies are gorgeous! Pretty all over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so gorgeous and that is a great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous background (of course) Judy. Love those sparkly dragonflies and sentiment. Got some fab big sentiments so will be playing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your gorgeous background and the pretty dragonflies. The sentiment is now my favorite too...love it. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry for the delay in commenting ... was doing a private show yesterday and was too tired by the time I got home and got things put away to get online! LOL ... Sorry!
    GORGEOUS creation ... love that background! Will have to give that technique a try!! Love the inlaid dragonflies too ... beautiful!! You know ... come to think of it, I have that sentiment stamp ... hmmm wonder where it is! LOL Thanks for inspiration and have a great day!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a beautiful background! So fun to create your own and have it come out as pretty as this. The sparkly dragonfly wings are absolutely perfect. A gorgeous die and a beautiful quote. So true! I need to wash away some dust...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Double WOW on this one Judy. Everything about it is absolutely gorgeous. You continue to outdo yourself

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Judy this is a stunner! Fabulous details on this card. The background is breathtakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow gorgeous card :) those dragonflies look so pretty. I love the quote as well.
    Hugs
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete