Monday, April 28, 2014

Gina K Design Team Inspiration Hop April 2014 Day 1

Good Morning! Today is the first day of the Gina K Designs Inspiration Hop for the April 2014 Release over at StampTV.


The Cast and Crew for Gina K Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina, along with the Cast, Crew, and Guest Designers, will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them, because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners check the BigNews Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.

  I am BEYOND flattered and absolutely thrilled to be a Guest Designer for the month of April.  It's SUCH an honor for me!  Thank you so much, Gina and Crew!  Special thanks to Lee for holding my hand and walking me through this, and to my fellow Guest Designers Karen Hightower and Nancy Leppek. We have had a great time carrying out our duties!!

The stamp set we have for you today is Lots of Letters 2, illustrated by the very talented Melanie Muenchinger. Here is her wonderful set:

Just take a look at all those wonderful shapes in this set! Love the flowers and borders!!! I had so much fun making some cards for you.

First up is this card:

For this card I stamped and heat embossed the image with white powder on vellum, and colored the flower centers on the back side with Copics. Then I just adhered a strip of polka dot paper from Recollections Bold Basics to the GKD Pure Luxury White card base, and attached the vellum overlay with white brads. Oh, and I added a butterfly in vellum as well.

Here's my second card:

This card is definitely more masculine. Papers are GKD Pure Luxury Kraft, In the Navy, and Turquoise Sea. I stamped the banner border with GKD Inks In the Navy and Turquoise Sea, cut them out, and layered them along the bottom of the card. Background is embossed with the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The little flower is stamped with In the Navy and fussy cut. Sentiment is from the new Out West 2 stamp set by Theresa Momber.

And finally, this card:

I decided I wanted to do some kind of pattern with those cute flower stamps, and I came up with this design. I stamped them with Bubblegum Pink, Powder Blue, Sweet Mango, Sweet Corn and Powder Blue GKD inks. The little yellow dots are actually the golf ball stamp  from Debbie Corbari's new stamp set called Golf Diva. Then I decided to cut the paper in two and re-adhere it with that sentiment in between, stamped on the Innocent Pink underneath. The sentiment is from the Out West 2 set. Card base is GKD Pure Luxury White.


Check out all the amazing cards and inspiration the Design Team has come up with using these sets:

The Design Team:
Gina K
Melanie Muenchinger - Illustrator of Lots of Letters 2
Beth Silaika
Cat Tidwell
Debbie Corbari
Laurie Schmidlin
Lee Murphy
Sean Fetterman

The Guest Designers:
Judy Woodland
Karen Hightower
Nancy Leppek

 Stay tuned, because tomorrow we will have a brand new hop with two more amazing stamp sets. And head over to StampTV, because today I'm hosting the MIUM Challenge. Hope you can play along.

Thanks for stopping by  - and happy stamping!!

44 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to have to try that embossing on vellum with this set and the new floral pattern you made is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Judy! Love the color choices. The blues against the tan are so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Judy… Wow. I love all three of them. The blue on the tan just grabs you. Love all three. Fab. Thanks for the inspiration… :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You've been busy! These are fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! really nice cards.. It makes me want to try something similar for my childrens birthdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all 3 cards, Judy. Great use of color and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Three beautiful cards you created with the new set. And, congrats on the guest designer position!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! The birthday is a great masculine card! Love using this embossing folder. Your designs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know which of these 3 cards I like the best ... so I won't choose at all - they're ALL fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun card! My favorite is the first one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love polka dots and lots of color -- your first card has both :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, love the way you used copics & vellum. I am always looking for ideas that are masculine, great card!! Neat idea cutting also, what a wonderful inspiration you are. Heading to my craft room shortly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how bright and cheerful the hello is on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards. I love the colorful Hello card. I love the way you did the banner with the embossed birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that you used the golf ball for the circles on the card - who knew! Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh Judy, you have done it again!! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I especially like how you cut the paper and put the sentiment underneath on the third one...very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow, love your cards, all 3 of them! The first one is so cool with all of those colorful dots and that vellum--great touch! The 2nd one is a wonderful celebration card, love al the shades of blues and the banners, they look fun and festive! And your third one is another perfect creation, love the perfectly stamped flowers, like a little Spring Garden....well done my friend, well done!!! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH my! These totally rock Judy! I really love the kraft/blue/dkblue one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All three of these cards are fabulous--I can't even pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of your cards are amazing. I especially like the Happy Birthday card. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these cards! The doubling up of the pennants on the second card is fabulous. The metallic (isn't it?) cardstock is absolutely striking. You could have fooled me on the first one - I thought you'd stamped all those circles on the background--it pleased me that it was dp. The use of vellum is a great design element. Do I read the picture correctly that you stitched the message layer to the first sheet of vellum - wonderful treatment. And your patterned paper design is lovely. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the cards you made for this hop. The birthday one caught my eye because I would never have thought to use the pennant stamps for a border. Out of the box, my friend. On a personal note, you are doing a fabulous job as a guest designer. I love all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all of these Judy....but especially think it was brilliant to cut the last card and put the sentiment in the break! Your doing a stupendous job on this Guest Designer Gig Girl! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice ideas for all but that embossed Happy Birthday one really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous cards. I love the bright colors you used on the last one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, I just have to add my two cents in! You have out done yourself girl. So many cards to show off your talent. They are all so divine! The first one is clever with the vellum, the second one, love those colors, and the third, well, just so unique to cut it for the sentiment. Love these, and look at all of the comments. Yoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cards are great! I absolutely love the circles with the vellum. Gorgeous colors and the embossed vellum over the top just makes it. Elegant birthday card. Really like the way you alternated the flag banner on the bottom (must try that). I like the 'splitting technique' on the bottom card. A simple thing, but adds a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  28. All three cards are beautiful! You are really rocking this set! Can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful selection of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful cards! Love the pink Birthday card especially!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very versatile set! Such fun elements! Great job showing it off with your pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  32. SWEET! Love all of them, Judy! Fantastic job. Playing for GKD, has got to be a fun job. LOL
    I love all those colors. I am so ready for color in my days. Spring has finally, sprung. YAY. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Judy, your cards are beautiful and look easy too

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such great ideas! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The cutest alphabet cards!! The blue pennant borders and embellies are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete