Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Gina K Designs Design Team Inspiration Hop April 2014 Day 3

Good morning, and welcome to the final day of the Inspirational Hop for the April Stamp Release.


The Cast and Crew for Gina K Designs welcomes you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina, along with the Cast, Crew, and Guest Designers, will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! And as you hop through their blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them, because we will choose a few random comments and those stampers will each win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! To see the full list of winners check the BigNews Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.

Our final 2 stamp sets from the April Release are just gorgeous. The Fleur di lis set is illustrated by the very talented Beth Silaika, and then we have the Golf Diva, illustrated by the extremely creative Debbie Corbari. Both sets are so much fun to play with.

Here they are:


My first card for you today is from the Fleur di lis set:

The fleur di lis were stamped on patterned paper from the Colorbok Neutrals Patterned Paper Pack, then circle punched and layered on GKD Dark Chocolate Card Stock. I used GKD Soft Sand Card Stock for the card base and layered the patterned papers from Colorbok Neutrals with GKD Dark Chocolate. I love the masculine look of this card.

My next Fleur di lis card is very feminine:


Here I used patterned paper from a stack by K & Company called Julianne. It was a gift from my dear friend Donna. The card base is GKD Pure Luxury Ivory, and I used GKD Dark Chocolate for layering. I stamped the fleur di lis on ivory card stock with Warm Cocoa ink, then cut it out with the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis die. Other dies used are Spellbinders Ribbon Buckle, and Our Daily Bread Beautiful Borders.

Next I have 2 cards for you from the Golf Diva set.


With this little gal I used GKD Innocent Pink Card Stock for the base. The green is from my stash. Patterned papers are from the DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl stack. I stamped her on GKD White Card Stock and colored her with my Copics. Then I cut her out with an oval die and layered it on a Lacey Oval die cut. I used Judy Dots for embellishment and the ball is a little dot of Enamel Accents.

And here is my final card for the April Release Blog Hop:


 This little diva likes rustic golfing. I stamped her on GKD Ivory Card Stock, colored her with my Copics using the colorless marker for the polka dots on her shirt, and then fussy cut her out. I used a leaf stamp from Ruba Shevde's Flowers Bloom stamp set to stamp on a rectangle with GKD Fresh Asparagus ink, sponged a little sky on there with Memento Summer Sky ink, and layered it on the background patterned paper from the Pebbles Lakeside stack. The "green" is embossed with an embossing folder from Paper Studio, don't know the name. Everything is layered on a base of GKD Sandy Beach Card Stock, and then embellished with Judy Dots. The ball is a little dot of Enamel Accents.


Check out all the amazing cards and inspiration that the Design Team has come up for the Fleur di lis and Golf Diva sets:

The Design Team:
Gina K
Beth Silaika - Illustrator for Fleur di lis
Debbie Corbari - Illustrator for Golf Diva
Cat Tidwell
Laurie Schmidlin
Lee Murphy
Sean Fetterman

The Guest Designers:
Judy Woodland - so glad you are here!
Karen Hightower
Nancy Leppek

It has been such a pleasure to be a Guest Designer for Gina K Designs! Thank you so much Gina, you have an amazing company, and you are such an inspiration to so many!!!!  I have made some wonderful new friends in my fellow Guest Designers Karen Hightower and Nancy Leppek, as well as the lovely and very sweet Lee. I could NOT have done this without Lee's expertise and help. I also want to thank all of YOU for your support and well wishes, and good luck to the next Guest Designers, whoever you may be. You are in for the ride of your life!!!

Thanks for stopping by - oh, and don't forget to slip on over to StampTV and join in on my MIUM Challenge this week. Hope I see your lovely creations there!!!





















33 comments:

  1. JUDY, I love those Fleur di lis. Both of them are wonderful. Love the colors and designs. Your Divas, well it think you Rocked them…. Love them Both… I sure have enjoyed working with you and Nancy on this wonderful Guest Team… ((( HUGS )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Thanks for all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, these are super samples! Great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are super amazing! Wow! I am loving each and every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love your cards, your divas are fantastic!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the detail of your cards, this background papers are inspired

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards. Can't decide which one I like best. Love the textures, color and designs on all of them. So inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZA ... all your cards are just fabulous! But I think if I had to pick just one ... #1 would be my favorite! Really like the colors and design! Awesome inspiration ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your cards. I like the feminine touch on the Fleur de Lis but also the colors on the golf diva....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy your designs are stunning. I appreciate you showing the different ways that a single stamp set can be used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your use of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic cards, Judy. My favorite are the fleur de lis cards. You did an amazing job with those!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards! Even using Nursery Paper works with the Diva!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love your layering techniques - so beautiful. TFS. Niki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards! What a whirlwind week you have had with the Release and Hop, such beautiful cards--everyone of them! I really, really like the masculine Fleur De Lis card, especially the layers of course and the gold accents you added to them! The girly one is just as lovely too and shows how diverse this set can actually be! I really need to find a lady golfer, there must be a ton of them here, right? beautiful Divas, Judy! Hope you enjoyed this fun fill week and all month. You done good girl! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really, Really, Really nice cards.. I love the colors and elegant cards

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to finish the Hop strong...wonderful cards and thanks for being such an amazing counterpart! HUGS! Your talent is going strong...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an amazing job on the Fleur De Lis, showing how you can make it so versatile. Then you really rocked it with your Divas. You were really a busy girl this month and you were an incredible designer. Glad I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 4 terrific cards showcasing 2 great stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are really great ideas! Love the divas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Judy, your cards are just amazing! I love both of your takes with the fleur de lis set and your diva cards are totally fabulous! I love how with this diva she looks so different with each card (to me at least!)...It has been so fun to have you as a guest designer...I will always keep an eye out for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My goodness..such fabulous cards Judy!! Love all of them Thanks for inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards, I especially loved the first Fleur de Lis card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Judy....you are DA BOMB!! Such amazing cards...I think I feel a CASE coming on!!! ;) You have been just fabulous for the Guest DT spot and your talent is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your cards - I especially like the little brads on the Fleur de Lis - nice touch

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really admire all of your cards. My favorite of the Fleur de Lis is the first one. Can't decide which of the two golf cards I like best. Love the colors and argyle background in the first and the trees and leaves in the second. Btw, your little peeking cat on your site is sooo cute with his big blinking eyes. : )

    ReplyDelete