Saturday, July 2, 2016

Just Us Girls #350 - Word Week




Dear Ones~

This week is WORD WEEK over at Just Us Girls, and our host Maria has chosen the word SUMMER. Pretty appropriate, right?? I would like to welcome our Guest Designer for the month of July - Carol Mayne. She is over-the-top talented. Please visit her blog and check out her amazing work HERE. Carol likes white backgrounds, very rarely if ever using patterned paper. That's difficult for me.

This is my Sample for our word SUMMER:
I took an image from an older GKD StampTV Kit called Sunkissed Autumn. I thought it would be fun to make this sweet little gal look like she was holding the sun by a string like a balloon. I paper pieced her dress and I think it looks really cool with this particular patterned paper.

Here are the Ingredients:
PTI Hawaiian Shores Card Stock
GKD Red Hot and White Card Stock
GKD Sunkissed Autumn Stamp Set
GKD Triple Play Stamp Set
Colorbok Beach House Patterned Paper
GKD Hello Sunshine Stamp Set for Greeting
Martha Stewart Flower Punch

Please visit the JUST US GIRLS blog to see the wonderful cards that our July Guest Designer, Carol, and the rest of the team have made this week. 
And remember, if you win Chic of the Week in any of our July challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of September (wow, September already???)!!   I hope to see you there.
Good luck, and thanks for stopping by!!


























19 comments:

  1. Fun sun/balloon :) - Great Summer card

    ReplyDelete
  2. That certainly looks like summer to me. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny balloon, soft breeze, pretty flowers....great summer card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABulous! Love that sweet girl. Your Designer Papers (and colors) are awesome! Pretty design and your sentiment is perfect, love the font on sunshine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet image! Your colors are fabulous...love the yellow, aqua and that pop of red. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet image! Your colors are fabulous...love the yellow, aqua and that pop of red. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are what pop first for me. Lovely summer colors and we are having a nice one this year. Then I love how you used the paper for her dress. Perfect. Superb idea to have her holding the sun with a balloon string.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layers and mix of papers. That whimsical stamp tells amazing stories. I can sit here and try to imagine what she is thinking. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sunny summery card Judy. So colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super sunny summery card Judy. So colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and feminine card! Fabulous paper piecing on her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful and feminine card! Fabulous paper piecing on her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulous summertime card Judy! And I love to use pattern papers, too. Sweet flowers using your MS punch ♥ Just love it. I've never played at your challenge before, maybe I can do it!!!! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I love the soft shading around the image, really makes her stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the elements on your card tie together so beautifully, Judy. I went from being a patterned paper user like you to a more CAS look like Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful! I love that girl and all your pretty layers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful! I love that girl and all your pretty layers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful summery card so many bright and cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm...evidently blogger played hide-and-seek with my comment...good thing I checked. Trying again (fingers crossed)...your summer-themed card has planted a smile alllll over my face! Your girl, with her 'sun' balloon is beautiful, and what a lovely selection of papers you've paired her with! Soooo pretty! Thank you for inviting me to be your July GD! Honoured!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete