Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Leaping Trout

Dear Ones~
It has been some time since I posted a blog to enter a couple of challenges. It felt good to just play and do something for fun.
Here is my card:
when I saw this digi stamp set from Power Poppy I HAD to have it!! My hubby is an avid fly fisherman, and gets so much pleasure from stalking the elusive trout. We have 2 beautiful rivers in our county, and in the summer he spends some part of almost every day in their waters. He has many fishermen friends who would love this card.




I recently purchased a very cool stencil from Designs by Jaime called Mini Cell Theory. I thought it would be a great design to sponge as my background paper. I colored the fish with Prismacolors, and added some Stickles and clear Crystal Drops to the water.






This photo is a little out of focus, but it's a good close up of the design. I think Marcella did a wonderful job drawing that fish!!






Here are the Ingredients:
PTI New Leaf Card Stock
GKD Black Onyx and White Card Stock
Designs by Jaime Mini Cell Theory Stencil
Distress Inks in Blue Denim & Tumbled Glass
Power Poppy Leaping Trout Digi Stamp
Mama Elephant Sunday Sentiments Stamp for Greeting
Paper Studios Dragonfly Punch
Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Stickles
Nuvo Crystal Drops in Clear
Signo White Gel Pen

This Card will be Entered In:
Double D Challenges - One for the Boys
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by, I adore your comments. Hope your summer is going well, it is for us!!!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, whoa! That fish is fantastic! Marcella can draw, but you gave it life. Gorgeous background to enhance the image. Just a totally great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and I love the way you colored that fish. And I love the stenciled background. We don't do fly fishing here though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. This is so amazing. Your coloring on the fish is fabulous and that background really sets the stage. All the little touches makes it feel like you are there watching. This one deserves a frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Well you paint the picture, it looks very realistic! And these fabulous colors. True mastery.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Judy, the fish is fabulous and I love the background! very well done :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dad would have loved this card. He was a great fisherman. I can't tell you know many Tshirts he had with fish or fish sayings on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Nothing fishy about this card! Love that background, it is a perfect backdrop for that gorgeous (yes I said gorgeous) fish! Your coloring is amazing, I am sure you have seen enough trout up close and personal....lol...Did this get Rob's stamp of approval? It should have. LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! This is AMAZING. You created the perfect background and I'm in awe of your coloring on that beautiful fish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding Judy! The water looks so real as does the fish! Beautifully coloured and designed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you did a great job coloring that fish! What a fish, btw! Awesome! Love your card. Awesome stenciling, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Judy! The coloring is amazing and the fish looks 3D. Love your stenciled background. Thanks for joining the Double D June Challenge, "One for the Boys".

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What a fabulous creation Judy! BTW ... did you see this? http://darscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2016/07/winner-of-tutti-die-drawing.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, stellar Prisma coloring of this amazing digi image! Love the stenciled background which looks so perfect with the fish. Oh, and those water droplets... so cool! Fabulous entry for our Double D One for the Boys challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THUDworthy!!!! I love how you colored this with PC pencils! Great use of distress inks for the water. I think I might get some of the clear Nuvo drops now - those look like real water drops! Thank you for such inspiration Judy!!! I hope your hubby enjoys his fishing days this summer ♥ <')))))<

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just saw this card at Double D and I think it's just fantastic Judy! The coloring is out of this world and a great background. Congrats on your Top 3 pick - very well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete