Saturday, May 13, 2017

Just Us Girls #393 - Trend Week

 Dear Ones!
This week it's TREND WEEK over at Just Us Girls, and our gal Sue has invited us to make a background using inks, Distress Oxide, Distress or otherwise. Here is my card:

I chose to use Oxides in Wilted Violet and Faded Jeans. I sponged the inks onto a piece of GKD Foilable Image Sheet, placed a piece of silver foil over the sheet when I was done sponging, and ran it through my laminator. The result is this beautiful silver foiled background. It's really stunning in real life - foiling is so difficult to photograph. The medallion is from Stampin' Up, a multi-step stamp set called Make a Medallion. I stamped it in the same Oxide Ink colors as the background.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD White and Vibrant Violet Card Stock
Stash Silver Foiled Card Stock
GKD Foil Image Sheet from the Sending Love STV Kit
Wilted Violet and Faded Jeans Oxide Inks
SU Make a Medallion Stamp Set
GKD Fabulous Frame Stamp for Greeting
GKD Silver Embossing Powder
SU Nesting Circles Dies

Please visit the JUST US GIRLS blog to see the wonderful examples that our May Guest Designer  Kathie and the rest of the team have made this week. And remember, if you win Chic of the Week in any of our May challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of July!!   Good luck, and I hope to see you there. 

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments!
They always make me smile!!
Hugs~
~judy~




15 comments:

  1. WOW! Isn't that gorgeous!!! I love the ink colors you chose, especially with that fantastic silver foil! That medallion stamp is beautiful too, classy design! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Beautiful choice of colors and amazing design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a WOW!! card. This is just GORGEOUS!! Love the colors and the beautiful medallion stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card design and I love the colors you chose to go with the foiled design. I can just imagine the beauty of it when the light hits just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is beautiful! What an outstanding job you did on this creation! I love coming here & seeing what you've been working on. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love that violet with the foiling! You are inspiring me to get out my foil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As gorgeous as this is on the screen I'm sure it's gorgeouser in real life, Jugy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This foiling technique has really hit the crafting scene. It is amazing and your take on this challenge is out of this world. Seriously! I can just imagine the sparkle and shine. Love the mix of colors that you sponged on and the design is sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome Judy. Love the background and that medallion is stunning. Love it Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can only imagine how gorgeous this is in real life! Love your choice of colors too! Well done! Sorry I have been so quiet...I am in wedding mode!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMgosh! I'm going to have to get those oxide inks. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete