Saturday, June 17, 2017

Just Us Girls #398 - Color Week

Dear Ones!
It's COLOR week over at Just Us Girls, and our gal Bobby has chosen yellow, aqua and brown. As always with color challenges, you are to use ONLY the three chosen colors as well as any neutrals that you need.  Neutrals are white, ivory, kraft, black, brown or gray.

Here's my Sample:
I found these colors to be challenging, but I came up with stamping the images vertically, masking when needed,  and then fussy cutting to create a pretty edge. 

  I used Altenew's Garden Treasure stamp set, which lends itself nicely to the color palette. They are multi-step stamps so I didn't need to do any coloring. I attached the brown panel to the inside after I embossed it with the Darice Basket Weave embossing folder, so it shows up on the outside and showcases the florals.


Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Ivory Card Stock
GKD Dark Chocolate Card Stock
Stash Gold Foil Card Stock
Altenew Garden Treasures Stamp Set
SU Inks in:
*Tempting Turquoise
*Island Indigo
*Soft Sky
*Crushed Curry
*So Saffron
*Early Expresso
SU Nesting Circle Dies
Stash Gold Thread
 
Please visit the JUST US GIRLS blog to see the wonderful examples that our June Guest Designer Estelle and the rest of the team have made this week. And remember, if you win Chic of the Week in any of our June challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of August!!   Good luck, and I hope to see you there. 

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments!
They always make me smile!!
 
Hugs~
~judy~


23 comments:

  1. Love the colors, LOVE your card! Your masking and fussy cutting make this spectacular! I always looooooove that look and have only done it a few ties, thanks for the reminder, as it really makes a statement! I also really love (sorry say that a lot here lol) the gold strip and gold thread, it all just POPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THUD! That was the sound of my jaw dropping. This is an amazing way to use these colors and I love the flowers and the way that you cut the edge. They really show up over the brown background and was embossed too. The gold threat and stripe, make this a jaw-dropping card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! This card is super stunning and you used those colors perfectly together. I love your pretty floral design and the brown background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous. I love the way you used the flowers as an edge and thesw were perfect for doing this. The placement of the sentiment works so well here too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What a gorgeous card!! Love how you fussy cut those beautiful flowers to make a border. The gold thread under the sentiment is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every detail makes the last one more spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing! Your flower edge is stunning and I love how you fussy cut it. That gold thread finishes this off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glory what a floral border! I can see the inside, too. Just exceptional work, Judy!!! Love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous creation Judy! Love the beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't go wrong with an Altenew stamp and what you have done here is a masterpiece. It wasn't an easy colour combination but boy have you nailed it. Such a beautiful card Judy. My turn to pin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely floral card Judy!!! You bouquet is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ditto to what Barb said! THUD! Sensational card! You sure are a natural with anything floral and I have a card of yours sitting right here in florals to prove it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning! I love how you did the flowers on the edge and fussy cut.....SPECTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Judy!! What a great idea to go vertical with the flowers and cut around them. I've always loved that look but never think to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, gorgeous card and great use of the challenge colors. Love how you did the edge by cutting around the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Judy with pretty colors. I have a question for you and would love you to email me at dianegreghov@att.net concerning the Double D challenge....thanks
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry so late -- I just returned from my son's wedding in West Virginia! I love your card. Great idea to have the flowers come down vertically. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete