Monday, November 16, 2015

Motif

Dear Ones~

I had such a good time making this card. Taking a bunch of little stamps and making a motif is super fun, and I love the results. Betsy Veldman over at Papertrey Ink has a wonderful video showing how to do this. Check it out HERE.

Here's what I came up with:

I used several stamp sets for this card (see below), and the inks I used are all Distress Inks: Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Abandoned Coral. This was stamped on GKD White Card Stock and mounted on a GKD Blue Raspberry card base. I was amazed how well the Mermaid Lagoon ink matched that blue paper.









Here is a side view--->










The Ingredients:
 GKD White and Blue Raspberry Card Stock
Papertrey Ink Rosie Posie Stamp Set
Papertrey Ink Day Dreamer Stamp Set
Day Dreamer Matching Die Set
GKD Folk Filigree Stamp Set
Distress Inks
Stickles

This card will be entered in the following challenges:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Thinking of You

I will definitely be doing more of these - they are really so much fun. Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments!!

19 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card in all of those bright colors. Great take on Betsy's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Judy! Love all the BRIGHT colors you used...this card really "pops"! Lovely, lovely card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Love the medallion you have stamped. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Thing of You Wednesday Challenge
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh isn't that just PERFECT!!! Love the stamps you used, clever to add in the Folk Filigree (it's ALL little stamps!) Love your colors and this fabulous design.....Fallish, and full of thanks! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I LOVE your second photo and how you finished the inside, I think that adds so much to a card! PRETTY!

      Delete
  5. Love to see you here Judy! Your card is lovely with the inside finished too. The blue raspberry card stock is perfect with the other colors that you used. Reminds me of the designs on Danish china. You are right, this is a fun design to do. No two the same. Glad to see that you were able to get the format of the two cards into your blog. Maybe i was your inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! I love the fresh, bright colors you used. It's so nice to see Day Dreamer getting some love. It reminds me that I should pull mine out and give it some love too. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job motif building! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful with all those bright colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how this came together, What a beautiful wreath and beautiful colors. I could never do this even with a Misty. I would smudge it somewhere and have to start again, and by the tenth try I would give up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, bright and cheerful. Great job on motif building....that looks like something I better stay away from

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, Judy! Love those pretty, bright colors! Great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful creation! Colors are fun, and love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh its just beautiful and always nice when we have fun creating.... I love your card and added flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Judy Beautiful composition and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really pretty....lovely colors. I love when you can use several different stamp sets to create something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've certainly put your own vibrant stamp on this motif challenge! A beautiful, eye-catching design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this recently in blog land...might have been Kay Miller...IDK...but I want to try it for sure! Yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete