Monday, November 23, 2015

Pattern Your Paper

Dear Ones~
 This week I am the host over at the Mod Squad Challenge. Our sponsor is the wonderful stamp company Kitchen Sink Stamps. Kitchen Sink Stamps offers us a discount. CODE: ModSquad.

  
These stamps are amazing. Most have a multi-stamp feature that lets you get great detail in your images using several colors. There is real dimension with a 3-D effect! And one of the best features of this stamp company is that there are color recipes for most of the multi-step stamps, so you don't have to guess what colors to use. There are even alternative colors if you don't have the inks that are suggested. Maria from Kitchen Sink Stamps is a member of our Mod Squad Challenge Facebook Group so feel free to say hi or ask any questions.


THE PRIZE
$25 GIFT CERTIFICATE to the store. 
You can pick your own goodies and there are a lot of choices!

Here are a couple of samples for you~


For this card I used the Kitchen Sink stamp set  

I stamped the shooting stars and firework sprays all over the card, heat embossed it with white embossing powder from GKD, then sponged with Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans Distress Ink. 
The card stock is GKD White and Navy, and Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry. Greeting is from the GKD Mountain Wilderness stamp set. I die cut the star from glitter paper and attached the silver thread to it.

 
This one was done using the Kitchen Sink stamp set  

I stamped the image on GKD Wild Wisteria Card Stock with GKD Wild Wisteria Ink for a tone on tone look, using 2 of the 3 stamps. Then I splattered with gold paint and used my white gel pen to add dots of white. The greeting is from a Mama Elephant stamp set Sunday Sentiments, and it was embossed with GKD Gold Embossing Powder on vellum. 
The butterfly is a Martha Stewart Punch.

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments. You still have until noon on Tuesday, November 24th to join in, so run right over there and be a part!! 



5 comments:

  1. You make such AMAZING backgrounds. Always beautiful, always different.....ALWAYS! Between your beautiful backgrounds and your terrific techniques you make my head spin....in a good way! Love your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your backgrounds are so gorgeous! I am thrilled you had that as part of the challenge. Years ago we made our own pattern paper all the time, so this was a great flash back of super fun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, both of your cards are breathtakingly beautiful. Look at these backgrounds! They make my heart go pitter patter. I love what everyone can do with Kitchen Sink stamps. Big hopes that I can play along with you - fabulous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make the most amazingly beautiful backgrounds. Both cards are absolutely GORGEOUS!! I'm wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful backgrounds! You know that is my favorite thing to do. Sorry, I couldn't join in. I've had way too much stuff to do. Now that my mom isn't driving anymore I'm the taxi. lol Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete