Thursday, October 20, 2016

Golden Madonna



Dear Ones~
Well, today is Thursday, but it has seemed like Saturday all day to me. But then that's what it's like when you are retired. EVERY DAY is Saturday...lol.

Today I made a card for The Stamp TV Weekly Challenge. This week Sylvia has invited us to CASE (Copy And Share Everything) one of the designers on the Design Team, and she has picked Karen Hightower. Karen's work is FABULOUS!! Just go HERE and take a look at her fantastic creations.

Here is Karen's card I chose:

Birthday Wishes!

And here's my card:
I am such a fan of heat embossing on vellum, so Karen's card really caught my eye. I have to make a confession - I'm really, REALLY lazy. Karen had stitched the vellum to the patterned paper, and I just didn't feel like pulling out my sewing machine for one stitch line. So, I hand stitched the vellum to my patterned paper with gold thread. I kind of love how it turned out, and it really wasn't too much of a hassle. I used a tool called the Scor Bug Embosser. The Scor-Bug is a rotary tool which is used with a scoring board and embosses a row of pearl like little bumps adding texture and relief to your card stock. Oh, and I think the gold foiling on the background patterned paper is so elegant and matches the platinum embossing powder I used for the focal.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Sandy Beach Card Stock
DCWV Copper Foil Card Stock
DCWV Cup of Cheer Patterned Paper
PTI Vellum
GKd Christmas Joy Stamp Set
Stash Gold Thread
Ranger Platinum Embossing Powder 
Martha Stewart Stars Punch

So that's it for now. Wonder what I will be doing tomorrow, when it feels like Saturday again....ha ha. Hope your week is going well. And thanks for your comments, they mean the world to me!!!!











12 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely! I like the look of the golden embossing with that image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I really love the look of embossing on Vellum and the platinum is gorgeous. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with all that gold embossing. And, your hand stitching is just so perfectly done. How amazing! I know mine would have been a mess if I did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the embossed image on the vellum. The whole card is very elegant. I would have skipped the stitching all together but I love your tiny hand stitching. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Word! So very elegant and opulent! With the gold and the platinum embossing. The card design is so radiant. Your perfect hand stitching really is something that I would have not even considered. But it is a very nice touch to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS! So elegant! The gold is outstanding. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely,Judy, and I think the gold hand stitching was the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Judy, this is so beautiful and elegant. I like the look of the hand stitching. Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful as always Judy! Great CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a fan of it because you are a master of it. I always have splots of powder here and there, then I usually go into my splatter technique! LOVE the stamp choices and all of that gold embossing, so elegant and regal, PERFECT for the image! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Judy this is beyond beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, what a stunning CASE!! This stamp set is one of my favorites and it looks AWESOME embossed in Gold on vellum. I'll be CASEing this one too.

    ReplyDelete