Saturday, October 1, 2016

Lovely Foiling

Dear Ones~
Another card I created to celebrate World Cardmaking Day.

This is another card for the Stamp TV World Cardmaking Day Challenge. This time we were to do foiling, or metallic heat embossing. The butterfly and dotted background have been foiled with silver. We all know how difficult it is to photograph shiny things, so most of the foiling looks black, but trust me, it's shiny silver. After I foiled the elements I sponged with GKD Ocean Mist and Applemint Inks. In hindsight I would have sponged before I foiled, because the foiled was rubbed off slightly. We learn from our mistakes.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD White and Ocean Mist Card Stock
Stash Silver Card Stock
GKD Birthday Blessings Stamp Set
GKD Sending Love STV Kit for Background
GKD Ocean Mist and Applemint Inks
GKD Dogwood and Butterfly Stamp for Greeting
Darice Brick Wall Embossing Folder

This will be entered in:
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes

So that's it for me today. Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments!

10 comments:

  1. I love this! The colors are great as is the foiling. I need to do some foiling again. It's been awhile. Love the dies and your pretty embossed background. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of this card Judy! Haven't bit the foiling bug yet...but your card is making it very tempting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puff, Puff! Ok, I am here now and I think this is the last one for today. Right? Not that you have run out of talent, this card is so shiny and love the colors that you chose. I like how you off set the one panel to show off the beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Judy. I have not tried this technique as yet. I do love the look though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card with all that lovely foiling on it. I have never tried to do it as I don't have the right machines for it. But maybe I will try using some glue and see if that works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the foiling and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Judy. The Ocean Mist is a perfect color with the foiling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Judy, I love the foiled paper and butterfly, the colours and whole design is stunning! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You created a fantastic card! Love the foiled background. I've been wondering what's a good way to use them -- you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! (again!) I love these beautiful colors with the silver, simply fantastic! Your foiling is perfect and I love what parts you did add the foil to, great editing! Lovely texture too!

    ReplyDelete