Saturday, October 29, 2016

Christmas Plaid

Dear Ones~
Well, Michigan State lost to Michigan. I always like watching that game. Course I cheer for State, so there's that, but oh well. It's just a game.

I was so happy to find a little time to play today. It's been several days. Here's what I created:
I didn't have a lot of time, so I kept this fairly simple. I like to make rustic cards once in awhile and I think that's what this is. I just got the new GKD Nordic Winter Stamp set and wanted to get it inky. Here I heat embossed it with white on some GKD Dark Sage card stock. I always forget about this Dark Sage color, and I find it quite pleasing.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Kraft, Dark Sage and Red Hot Card Stock
GKD Nordic Winter Stamp Set
GKD Compliments of the Season Stamp Set for Greeting
DCWV Christmas Plaid Patterned Paper
SU Oval Dies
GKD White Embossing Powder
Stash Ribbon and Gems

I will be entering this card in:
Stamp TV Monday Challenge - Just a Touch (use a touch of red)
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes

So that's it for me today. It certainly is fall - very dreary and damp. Hope you are having a good weekend. And thanks for all your nice comments, they mean the world to me!!

12 comments:

  1. I'm loving the plaid and the dark sage. I forget about it too and it really is a lovely color. Also, love the white embossing.....beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally rustic and with that sweater stamp warm & rustic! Loving the plaid and all the coziness of this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Double D Challenge Blog, Donna--you know who I am lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome holiday (winter) card! Love that 'sweater' patterned panel! Just an overall fabulous creation Judy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘PLAID’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous and a great use of the Nordic Winter set using that as a center panel on the plaid paper. I really like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watched the game too! My hubster is a HUGE Wolverine fan! So he was really happy! The white looks beautiful on the sage paper! Clean and bold card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you were drawn to this paper, Judy. It looks great with the Nordic stamp - real warm and toasty. We won't talk about the game. I didn't watch but I have some MSU grads that I'm sure unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the Nordic Winter Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the plaid with the sweater pattern. Just fabulous.the little bits of red are making things pop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sweater design embossed in white on dark green is so rustic looking and a very handsome card. Your touches of red seal off the rustic look that you were going for. Love the bow and the red gems!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Such a lovely design!! Love the plaid!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Judy! I love plaid and I love the pop of red fabulous!'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't know how I missed this one! Love that plaid with the sweater design. The Dark Sage is pretty!

    ReplyDelete