Saturday, June 11, 2016

Just Us Girls # 347 - Trend Week

Dear Ones~
This week is Trend Week over at Just Us Girls, and our host Nancy has chosen the Spotlighting Technique.
This technique is pretty much self explanatory. For more inspiration, visit our Just Us Girls Challenge Blog.

Here's my card:
For this spotlighting I cut a circle mask, and a mask for the image. After stamping the image with black ink, I masked the flowers and sponged the kraft ink inside the circle. Then I colored the image inside the circle with my Zigs. I did go outside the circle just a little with that leaf and the little berries. 
I just liked it better that way.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Kraft, Red Hot and White Card Stock
HOTP Botanical Blooms
HOTP Serendipity Flowers for Greeting
Zig Clean Color Markers
GKD Kraft Ink for Sponging
Nuvo Crystal Drops in Autumn Red

Please visit the JUST US GIRLS blog to see the wonderful cards that our June Guest Designer Cornelia, and the rest of the team have made this week.  I hope to see you there.
And remember, if you win Chic of the Week in any of our June challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of August!!  
Good luck, and thanks for stopping by!!













19 comments:

  1. This card is incredible Judy! Love your take on the Spotlighting technique by coloring the background as well around the image! You have out done yourself! Love the entire composition with the text and swirls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is delightful! The spotlighting technique always makes your focal POP (of course!) I love how the leaves and berries continue outside of your circle, adds a bit more interest too! The coloring on those glorious flowers are perfect, they are outstanding! S very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous focal image! Love the way you have spotlighted that beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous image to spotlight! Love your card and your take on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kraft ink???? I did not know there was such a thing. Love how you masked the flowers to get the spotlight behind, and the flowers are colored beautifully. I own this stam and think it is beautiful,but I am never satisfied with my coloring. These just pop off the paper. Fabulous, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is an original for sure. Love your take on the spotlighting technique. Such vibrant colors and I really like how you went out of the circle with your design and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS!!! How clever you are to mask the flowers to get the spotlight circle behind them. Your coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous spotlight card. Wonderful colors and I really like the design of your card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and lay out made with beautiful colors too.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is so beautiful! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing! I love how you created your spotlight and the coloring of those flowers makes this glow. Way to rock this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looove this one...a favorite! Great coloring and composition

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swooning over your coloring! You flowers are positively glowing! I also love those little black enamel dots! So glad to be GDT with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Swooning over your coloring! You flowers are positively glowing! I also love those little black enamel dots! So glad to be GDT with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Judy this is stunning. So beautiful and colourful. Awesome take on our Spotlight challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is fantastic! Love the bright orange & yellow colors surrounded by the Kraft. Those stamped images look awesome!

    ReplyDelete