Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mod Squad Challenge - Wedded Bliss

Dear Ones~
This week Vicki Dutcher and I are hosting the Mod Squad Challenge. Our challenge to you is to make a wedding or anniversary card.

One of our sponsors is the wonderful stamp company  

  https://www.kitchensinkstamps.com/shop/index.html

Kitchen Sink Stamps offers us a discount CODE: ModSquad15.
  These stamps are amazing. Most have a multi-stamp feature that lets you get great detail in your images using several colors. There is real dimension with a 3-D effect! And one of the best features of this stamp company is that there are color recipes for most of the multi-step stamps, so you don't have to guess what colors to use. There are even alternative colors if you don't have the inks that are suggested. Maria from Kitchen Sink Stamps is a member of our Mod Squad Challenge Facebook Group so feel free to say Hi or ask any questions.
 
THE PRIZE
A $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE to the store. 
You can pick your own goodies and there are lots of choices!

Here is a sample for you: 
I decided to try some foiling with this multi-step stamp set. It came out really well, I'm very happy with it. You can't tell, but all the dark bits on the flowers are silver foil. I just stamped one of the elements of the flower with black ink, copied it with my laser printer and ran it through my laminator with some silver foil. Then I continued to stamp the images with various other inks.
 
Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Heavy Weight White Card Stock
Recollections Mercury Glass Card Stock
GKD Ocean Mist and Turquoise Sea Card Stock
Spellbinders Marvelous Squares Die
Stash Corner Punch
Martha Stewart Leaf Punch
Nuvo Crystal Drops

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to head on over to The Mod Squad Blog Challenge and play along. I can't wait to see your wonderful creations!! Oh, and I adore your comments!
 










8 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous! Love the color of your beautiful flowers and the addition of the silver foil. Teal and silver are delightful together!!! This is a fabulous design, love the frame placed that way! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun use of the foiling. Since I got my printer working again, I can get back to using this fun product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this just sparkles and teal and silver are my favorites together. Great idea to put the foil on the flowers too. Very nice wedding card and one they will feel is a piece of art work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors and stamping. Brilliant to use the foiling on the flower like that. Love that you used the square as a diamond and layered the flowers opposite the sentiment. Wonderfully done, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Very clever to use foil on part of the flowers. Love the colors and the way you placed the frame. This is sure to be a treasured keepsake

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I just love the card you made. Love the foil too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the colors and the foiling

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous! Love foiling--I just got my Mini Minc Machine & am having a blast.

    ReplyDelete