Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Double D - POLKA DOTS

Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D the challenge is anything POLKA DOTS. How FUUUUN!!! Here is the Mood Board for our inspiration, just look at all those DOTS:
 
 And this is what I came up with:
I just love this Curved Floral Banner die from Gina K and I haven't used it for awhile. This time I inlaid all the spaces with different polka dot patterned paper. It was a little fussy, but I enjoy doing it. Kinda like working a puzzle and I find it very relaxing. I cut the shape with gold metallic paper first and then pasted it on a blank die cut. It was fun.



The Ingredients:
Recollections Gray Cardstock
GKD White Cardstock
GKD Curved Floral Banner Die
Pebbles Basic Patterned Paper
Tim Holtz Gold Metallic Paper
Martha Steward Border Punch
SU Teeny Tiny Wishes


 

 

If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this absolutely darling little mini stencil. I just love it!!!  Also, don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created.


 Until next time dear readers, ASPIRE to be INSPIRED. 
Here's celebrating your CREATIVE MUSE!!
~judy

9 comments:

  1. That floral die cut is amazing! Love the polka dotted prints you used to inlay! The gold makes for a beautiful framed outline. I agree, I love it too! Such a pretty, pretty design! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created with the gold outline and all the pretty paper piecing, another masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ! Beautiful paper pieced creation! May have been fussy but it sure is impressive!! Well done my friend ... beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have used this die a few times, but I really need to take a lesson from you and cut it in gold. This really rocks and using the inlaid polka dot paper is over the top creative. I love that you put it on a white background with the polka dot papers around it. Super impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of the polka dots! Your colors are so lovely together and the flower die is fabulous! The gold adds an elegant touch. I enjoy putting these puzzle pieces together, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers look fabulous all dotted up, Judy. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Loving beautiful inspiring colours, the design and that style xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The floral die cut is so elegant in gold! Love the non traditional foliage color and how you incorporated so many different sizes of polka dots and circles. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous with the flowers in gold metallic!

    ReplyDelete