Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Stamp TV - Gray is the New Black

Dear Ones~
Today I made a card for the Stamp TV Monthly Mix Challenge. It has been so long since I have played a challenge over at Stamp TV I can't even remember when it was. Shame on me!!! They are great challenges, offer a great prize, and you get a whole month to get your act together. NO excuses.

So, as you can see by my post title, the challenge this month is to use gray as your main color. Here is my card.
I love the idea of using gray instead of black. Gray is highly under-utilized and it deserves more respect, don't you think? So, for the background panel I did some tone on tone stamping with a stamp from the Dazzling Dahlia Stamp Set. I used Versamark and clear embossing powder.  And I really like that tag die cut, it's from Gina K Designs Decorative Tags die set. The sweet stitching around the edge just adds so much. The flowers are from the Tropical Blooms stamp set which is part of the Hearts and Flowers kit. 

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Slate and White Card Stock
Recollections Storm Clouds Card Stock
GKD Poppy Prints Patterned Paper
GKD Tropical Flowers Stamp Set
GKD Dazzling Dahlia Stamp Set
GKD Inks in:
*Lipstick Red
*Red Velvet
*Lucky Clover
*Key Lime
GKD Decorative Tag Die Set
Ranger Black Enamel Accents

Thanks for stopping by, I love your comments. I hope you are having a good week, see you soon!
Hugs,
~judy~



5 comments:

  1. The gray is stunning especially with the tone on tone stamping. I never think to use gray...always black. I will try to do better. Loving the pop of Lipstick Red on your beautiful tropical blooms. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so in the groove using gray. This card really has a lot of enticing elements and the colors just pop. I recognize the pattern paper and love the tag. Yes, it has been a long time for me too. Not sure if I remember how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. That flower looks great with that older patterned paper pack. Great choices for the grey challenge! I haven’t gotten to that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, is the new black and I love it embossed like that, Judy. The flowers match those in the patterned paper and give a soft look to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that tone on tone stamped background and I just adore mixing grey and red! I love how you've picked out the colours in that middle panel with the flowers. A lovely design!

    ReplyDelete