Saturday, January 31, 2015

"J" is for Jay

Dear Ones~
Kinda overcast and cold here today - a wonderful day to stay inside and make cards. My favorite thing in the world to do!

Today's card has been made for 2 challenges: The Weekly Challenge over at StampTV - What's Your Name, and the Mod Squad Challenge  - All About Animals.

Here's my card:
At StampTV we had to make a card using an image that starts with the first letter of our Stamp TV user name. Mine is Judy Woodland, so Jay it is. This image is a bluejay, but a bluejay is a member of the Jay Family, right? The Mod Squad Challenge asks us to make a card with an animal. So there you are!!!  As I have said before, I just adore this stamp set, Winter Wings by Gina K Designs. This image works well as a jay or a cardinal. Here I have colored it with Distress Markers and my water pen.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Blue Denim, Sandy Beach, Cranberry Tart Card Stock
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Sorry, I Don't Know the Name
 Authentique Something for All Seasons Patterned Paper
GKD Winter Wings Stamp Set
GKD Stamper's Favorites Stamp Set
Distress Markers in Various Colors
Glossy Accents
Judy Dots

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments! Oh, and stay warm and well my friends!!




12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, your coloring is perfect right down to those tail feathers! I love this set too, and have always thought that a red cardinal and blue jay are the very same bird only with different colors and markings! Love those layers too! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Donna---absolutely gorgeous. The only way I can tell if it's a blue jay or cardinal is if it's blue or red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous. Love all the texture abd dimension. Do I see Judy dots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring. The bird looks great in the distress markers. Great layout overall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue jay is beautifully colored! Your card is gorgeous, and I love your choice of papers and the textured background. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, This Jay is beautifully colored. I know that others have said that but, it is so true. Love the additional blue to compliment the design and the embossing in the background. He is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring, Judy! Matting your blue jay with the blue layer just brings out the beauty of the bird even more. Love the touch of red as well. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so gorgeous! A great design and perfect for the challenges you entered too. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! I love your distressing and that embossed background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bird looks fabulous and is nicely accented with the background elements. Thanks for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully colored Judy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Judy! Love the blue jay and you colored him beautifully! Love all the layers too! Have a Blessed day! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete