Monday, March 9, 2015

Make Yourself Smile

Dear Ones~
We are listening to the start of the Iditarod Race, a very grueling 1,000 mile dog sled race up in Alaska. We are particularly interested this year, because a young man from Grayling, Bryan Bearss, is participating. Bryan graduated from high school with our daughter, Sarah. He is racing for a gal who was in a car accident last fall and broke her back. Her dogs were already trained, so Bryan stepped up and is racing her dogs for her. This is his second Ititarod, having raced first back in 2006. They start in Fairbanks and end up in Nome. Godspeed, Bryan.

Today's card is made for the Mod Squad Challenge, create your own background. No patterned paper.

Here's my card:
I just got this amazing set of dies from Sizzix called Mixed Media, by Tim Holtz. There are 4 dies in the set, and they are all kind of funky and grungy - just corners and odd patterns. I love them. For this background I stamped the pattern with Versamark and white heat embossed it to create a resist. Then I watercolored with my Peerless Watercolors. I am so pleased that the pattern from the background stamp matches the die cut so well.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Ivory and Black Onyx Card Stock
Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Versamark Ink and GKD White Embossing Powder
Peerless Watercolors
Sweet and Sassy Delightfully Delicate Background Stamp
HOTP Simply Susan Stamp Set for Greeting
Cheery Lyn Designs Small Butterfly Die
Tim Holtz Mixed Media Thinlits Dies by Sizzix

Thanks so much for stopping by, I adore your comments. It's 52 here today, the sun is shining, and the snow is melting like crazy. I am a happy woman!!!

7 comments:

  1. Way to step up your game Judy. Holy moly, this card is gorgeous. The colors are just fantastic, and I'm already in love with the die you used, not to mention the stamp. That is one heck of an awesome background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh...my blogging friends are sure on a roll with some gorgeous cards! Love this background Judy! That set of dies sounds super! Very well done indeed! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeepers, that's wicked cool! Love the big bold bright colors! That background die is amazing! That sentiment is spot on, one I try to live by....truly! I love how the black makes everything POP.....and the butterfly is awesome too, it's so delicate. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I love the new die and the embossing. the butterfly is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, I am so sorry that I missed this. It is fabulous. I don't get emails when you post anymore, and if you don't post to face book, I miss it. I know that you told us how you did this, but it is so over my head. It is sad, because I would like to do something like this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed it too! The background is amazing, and I love the bright orange......stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this?? Judy, this is so amazingly cool. Love the delicate black butterfly, the colors, the design...oh, heck; I love, love, love the whole thing

    ReplyDelete