Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Lovely Layers

Dear Ones~

Hello and hope you are having a good week. Today's card was made for the Stamp TV Monday Challenge, hosted this week by my bestie Barb Campbell. She is so talented, go check out HER BLOG and find out for yourself. Her challenge this week is to use as many layers as possible.

Here's my card:

What a fun challenge this was. I just kept adding more and more layers, I think I counted 18 or so. The little button is a PTI die, and I layered 3 together and then heat embossed the whole thing with clear embossing powder. For the butterfly I did the rock and roll technique with Navy and Dusty Rose ink by Gina K Designs, and then heat embossed the whole thing with clear embossing powder too. It's really shiny and looks like it's made out of enamel. 

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD In the Navy and Ivory Card Stock
Craft Smith Chelsea Lane Patterned Paper Pack
GKD Birthday Blessings Stamp Set and Die
PTI Button Stacks Dies
Spellbinder Circle Dies
GKD Navy and Dusty Rose Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
Judy Dots and Twine

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments. Oh, and stay cool, my friends. It's "wicked" hot and muggy here.......UGH!!!

9 comments:

  1. I am loving all those layers and the FUN psychedelic colors just go so well together! Super cute creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found "Judy's Happy Place" Blog and signed up..from what I see so far I sure found a Winner! Thanks for sharing your creativity and insight! and most of all Happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card. I love how you did the butterfly. It really does look like enamel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 18 layers!!! Wow! I thought I was doing good at 9. But I do love how yours turned out. Great papers and love the colors used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I am lovin the layers. Great colors, mix of papers and design. Love the butterfly. Saw your post on Facebook about the canning lid pumpkins. I saw that idea somewhere and decided to present it for an idea for an idea for a table decoration for a fall ladies luncheon. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Layers is the perfect title for this beauty. I especially like the beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You did a fantastic job with this challenge! I love all those patterned paper layers, and the two colors on the butterfly go so well together! I'll have to remember that...you're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fantastic! Look how nicely you put those patterns together, wasn't it FUN?!?! I LOVE your layers and the use of the embossing powder to make your own chipboard pieces, that butterfly is gorgeous! Judy, I just love everything about your card. It's Super Duper! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely, Judy. The colors and patterns are so pretty together. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete