Sunday, October 11, 2015

Stripes

Dear Ones~
It's been so long since I have posted anything here on my blog I'm not sure if I can remember how to do it. We had an awesome time out West - my head is STILL spinning.

Today's offering was made for:
Make It Monday Challenge over at Papertrey Ink, to create stripes
Just Us Girls Challenge,  hosted by my dear friend Nancy Leppek this week, to use a stencil.

Here's my card:

I used a die by Spellbinders called Diagonal Chevron, die cut it with light blue card stock, and then layered it over the white card which had been stenciled with translucent paste and spinkled with clear glitter. The glitter looks pink in the photo, but it's really just sparkly clear. Then I put some die cuts from Ellen Hudson on top, and silver heat embossed the sentiment. I have to say I'm not really happy with this photo - I think I need a new camera...lol.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD White Card Stock
Stash Blue Card Stock
Spellbinder's Diagonal Chevron Die
Ellen Hudson Wild Garden Die Set
Sparkle and Sprinkle Graduation Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Bubbles Stencil
Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste
Recollections Ultra Fine Glitz Glitter

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments. It's been far too long since I have been here - I promise not to stay away for so long next time!!!

13 comments:

  1. Just a stunning card! I love the added glitter you used too - Thanks for joining in at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this creation of yours! Love the die cut background, how you added a piece back in, that glitter....you know all those layers! :) The flowers are really beautiful too! It's sparkly and wonderful! Just like you! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft blues and the glitter! A very stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your diagonal striped die cut and stenciled background- what a great technique with the glitter on the paste!! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Great use of dies and stencils. I like the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flowers and the beautiful, soft shade of blue you used. Beautiful card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Welcome back! So glad you had a good, safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful Judy. Love the overall softness with those colors. I think I need to look into that Diagonal Chevron die. So glad your back sharing your gorgeous creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous,my friend. Love the soft blue and glittery background for your die cut flower. Glad to see you back in the craft room. congrats on your win at STV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just got this message late this morning. I must be the last to comment. Like everyone else, I love the soft colors of this card. The clear glittering looks cool even in pink. Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of beautiful elements here Judy. I too love the softness. So full of prettyness (if that's a word). Truly lovely. Happy to see you with us at JUGS again after that epic holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmmmm..not heard of translucent paste, might need to check that out. Love the way the stencil doesn't take away completely from your background, instead it adds extra detail. Super job my friend and love seeing you in the gallery at JUGS...warms my heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Judy, this is stunning! That translucent paste with the glitter looks amazing and I love how your layered the die cut over the top. Your trip looked amazing from all of the photos, glad to have you back playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete