Thursday, February 25, 2016

Wish Spring Would Sprung

Dear Ones~
Well, we survived another storm....some places downstate got over 12 inches of snow. We only got about 4...guess I should be happy.

My card for today is all about spring. A girl can dream, can't she? Here's my card:


I really like this GKD stamp set by Theresa Momber, it's called Signs of Spring. Sure could use a crocus or two right now. I stamped the flowers with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and the leaves with Peeled Paint. I will be entering this in the Stamp TV Monday Challenge, where we were to make a spring card and not use black. Ordinarily I would stamp this in black and then color it in. I used Distress Markers to watercolor the image on watercolor paper.


Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Ivory and Lovely Lavender Card Stock
Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry Card Stock
Background Paper by Momenta
GKD Signs of Spring Stamp Set
MFT Die-namics Rectangle Stitched Die
Distress Inks
Distress Markers
Stash Sequins


This card will be entered in:
Stamp TV Weekly Challenge - A Spring Look with No Black
Simon Says Work It Wednesday - Floral
  
Hope you all are having a good week, one more day until the weekend. Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments!!

11 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike, I just used that stamp set too! Glad you survived another storm! Your card is gorgeous and brings the HOPE of Spring! Absolutely gorgeous colors, a favorite combo of mine! You worked that Sketch perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness these look brilliant, looks like you drew and painted. Wonderful colour

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous. I love the coloring. And, when I entered the challenge I did find it hard to resist reaching for the black. I did not realize how I depended on that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the purple flowers and your coloring and all the little details you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring Judy! Lovely bright get well card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers....love the purple. I stamp everything in black. Guess I need to live on the edge and try something new. lol Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful crocus's card and love the colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just GORGEOUS my friend!! absolutely love the colors. Someone will surely 'feel better soon'

    ReplyDelete
  9. STUPENDOUS flowers! WOW Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gees! how did I miss this card? It's PURPLE and an absolute stunner. Those flowers are so beautifully coloured. Awesome my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card, the colors are so vibrant!!

    ReplyDelete