Wednesday, April 27, 2016

For Caleb

Dear Ones~
Our sweet 8-year old grandson Caleb will be having his First Communion this weekend, and I wanted to make a gift card holder for him.

Here's what I came up with:
This is not really a kid card because I wanted it to be a keepsake. I did some foiling with my laser printer and laminating machine. I had see this VIDEO by Becca Feeken some time ago and thought it was brilliant, so I used the technique on the cross. I LOVE how it came out. All the text has been computer generated, printed with my laser printer and then foiled in my laminator. This little card measures 3 3/4"x5".

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD White Card Stock
Recollections Gold Mercury Glass Card Stock
Spellbinder Decorative Crosses Die
Lifestyle Crafts Woven Embossing Folder
Heidi Swapp Gold Foil

I will be entered this in the Simon Says Monday Challenge - Show Us Your Metal

That's it for me today, appreciate your taking the time to stop by. I adore your comments!!!

10 comments:

  1. WOW! For a small card it really has a wonderful impact! A Keepsake for sure. Awww your little handsome man is becoming quite grown up, your boys are the sweetest! I love all of your foiling, so pretty. That cross is fantastic, such beautiful detail. Caleb will love this personalized beauty! I even like the little gold foiling inside, those little extra squares, they look like little metal tabs that hold your insert layer on, clever! Congratulations to Caleb, hope the day is spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the boys are growing up and now Caleb has a special day coming up. You have commemorated it beautifully. This is certainly a keepsake and one that he will look at as say, "My grandma make the most wonderful cards." So special to make a computer generated inside, as it can be as special to Caleb, as you and Rob are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant and beautiful with the gold and white. I think this will be a keepsake in memory of this special day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one classy card and perfect for the occasion. The bits of gold foiling on the cross is so pretty and I am sure it is something he will treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! this is amazingly beautiful. Love the gold foiling...and of course the personalization. Caleb will treasure this forever. Hope his special day will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A truly fabulous card that will be a wonderful keepsake! Just beautiful Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A truly beautiful keepsake Judy. Absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Classically beautiful and fits the occasion perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful keepsake for your grandson, Caleb. He will surely treasure it always. Congratulations to him also!! Thanks for entering your card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Cathie

    ReplyDelete