Friday, October 26, 2018

Potpourri Beauty

Dear Ones~

It has been quite some time since I have chatted with you. We went camping, got weathered out, and I hurt my knee. But it's all good...knee is healing and I finally feel like I can go about my business again without the use of a cane and copious amounts of Ibuprofen. Life is good.

This project has been created for the Stamp TV October Monthly Mix Challenge, or MMC. Karen is our host this month, and she has challenged us to make anything but a card.

Here's what I came up with:

 I LOVE to make 3-D objects with paper. I found the video for this beauty by Josephine at Studio 8 HERE.  I put potpourri inside before I hot glued it together, so it smells WONDERFUL!! I started by cutting my white card stock to size and then stamping a background patterned paper with Lisa Hetrick's stamp set called Something Good in Every Day. Then I followed Josephine's instructions to make the ball. Embellies are just some silk flowers from my stash and some punched leaves from a Martha Stewart Punch.


Here is another version. This was the first one I made for practice. It's addictive, I tell ya!!! And surprisingly simple. It's the scoring that creates all the facets.







And the Ingredients:
GKD White Card Stock
GKD Grass Green Card Stock
GKD Something Good in Every Day Set
GKD Inks in:
*Dark Chocolate
*Dusty Rose
*Grass Green
Martha Stewart Leaf Punch


So that's it for me today.  I have just taken an apple pie out of the oven. We have had an over abundance of apples from our 5 trees this year, so our time has been spent making applesauce, apple jelly and slicing and freezing some for pies and crisps this winter. Himself does a lot of it along with me. I like that. Thanks for stopping by, dear reader. The air is getting more crisp and the daylight less and less. Time to hunker and stay warm. I appreciate your lovely comments, they always make me smile.

Hugs~
~judy~

8 comments:

  1. Judy, that's so wonderful! You'd done an amazing job.

    I make gifts for teachers and assistants at my granddaughter's school for Christmas and these would be amazing.

    Now to find time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video Judy and this looks hard. You are so crafty and I know that you made them without difficulty. Your decorations and so amazing I am smitten with this Potpourri ball. Now if I could only make one with apple pie smell in it. Glad your knee is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and beautiful project. I love that you put potpourri in it and now it smells wonderful too. Glad you are feeling better and ready to craft again. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely project! It looks so beautiful! I will go watch the video. I hope your knee heals quickly. Enjoy this special time of the year and abundance of apples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your potpourri container. It is beautiful! And, I am glad you are on the mend now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh glad your knee is on the mend, phew! These are gorgeous! I love the colors and images, sooooo pretty! They are dainty and delightful AND smell sooooo good! These are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful, Judy, and could be great Christmas ornaments. My Mom and Dad used to work together to make applesauce and pies. It brings back memories to hear you talk about it.

    ReplyDelete