Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Mod Squad Challenge - Layer Me Not

Dear Ones~
This week over at The Mod Squad Challenge it's my turn to host. I have chosen to make a one layer card. That means that you can have only the card base on the front of your card, NO LAYERS.

SPONSOR

Gina’s goal is to continue to offer top quality signature products through her online store Gina K. Designs along with informative and creative crafting videos.Be sure to check out StampTV for a ton of great videos and techniques. They also have weekly challenges. Shop Gina K Designs.
Gina K. has been in the stamping industry since 1998 and started Gina K. Designs in 2007. As the business grew, Gina asked her husband Tom to leave his position as an attorney to join her in the business. Together they built StampTV, their online video website featuring broadcast quality paper crafting videos, galleries, social network for paper crafters and more! Gina now has over 200,000 followers over her various social media networks and video sites from all around the world.
A $20 gift certificate to the Gina K Designs store.

Here is my card:

Now you may think that there is more than one layer on this card front. Not so. I die cut the lower edge with a scallop die so that the inside of the card is visible from the outside. This look will be acceptable. For this card I used a Gina K Designs mini stamp set Hello Sunshine. I cut the card base to an A2 size with Skeleton Leaves Card Stock, and die cut the bottom with the Spellbinders Brackets and Borders die. Then I stenciled it with Skeleton Leaves Ink and the GKD Water Droplets Stencil. I stamped the flowers, the dragonfly, and the greeting, right over the stenciling with GKD Jet Black Amalgam Ink and colored them with my Prismacolor Pencils. To finish it off I added some white accents with my white gel pen. For the inside I used the MFT Blueprints 20 zigzag border die, and placed it inside so that it would show at the bottom.

Glad you stopped by, and don't forget to head on over to The Mod Squad Challenge and play along. You could win the prize! I can't wait to see your wonderful creations, and I adore your comments!

Hugs~

~judy


11 comments:

  1. Oh Judy I absolutely LOVE this card!! So pretty and those flower stamps are so dang cute!! Love how you added the white to each one too, it is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have done the bottom edge. It really looks like more than one layer. Love the stencil, your beautiful flowers and all of the white accents. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So dramatic and gorgeous in every way. I love the bottom details and the wonderful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous creation Judy! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and what a beautiful example to help this poor girl out who loves to layer. The depth of the flowers amazes me and the idea for die cut edge is fantastic. I'm going to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO, SO BEAUTIFUL!!! It does look like more than one layer. Love the die cuts bottom and those amazing flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so pretty Judy. Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADORABLE!! Love the stencilled background and the cute flowers. The diecut edge is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so bright and airy. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card! I love the bright colors of the flowers and the beautifully stenciled background. Truly, when you look at this card, it looks like a multi-layered one. Really a very clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the design & those sweet flowers!

    ReplyDelete