Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Double D - Signs of Summer

 Dear Ones~
Well, we are finally into what feels like summer, so the theme this time over at Double D is so appropriate - SIGNS OF SUMMER. I love it!!! Here's the Mood Board for our inspiration:
 
Here's my card:
 

I have had this charming little stamp for years and years. I don't even think the company is around any more. It's a wood mount, but I have peeled the stamp off and use it like a regular rubber stamp.  When I saw the image in the lower left corner of the Mood Board I had to dig it out. Isn't it just so sweet? I fussy cut her cute little sundress from patterned paper, and watercolored the rest of her with Karin Brush Markers. I sponged the "seaweed" and sand dollar die cuts with Plum Punch Ink for dimension, and placed the small starfish to look like she is picking it up. I thought the addition of the baubles made it look like bubbles from the sea. I didn't add a greeting, didn't feel like it was needed here.
 
The Ingredients:
Recollections Very Violet Card Stock
Recollections Kraft Card Stock
Recollections Petite Floral Patterned Paper for Sundress
Recollections Bouquet Basics Patterned Paper
Stamps Happen, Inc. Collecting Sea Shells Stamp
Canson XL Watercolor Paper
GKD Plum Punch Ink
SU Under the Sea Dies for Sea Life
Trinity Stamps Bubble Blowout Baubles
Karin Brush Markers

 
If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this adorable die set by Cheapo Dies.  And don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created for your inspiration. 
Cheapo Dies - Beach Chair


I'm so glad you stopped by, I adore your comments. They always make me smile. Please stay well and enjoy your crafting. Now head on over to Double D to see what's going on. 
 
Until next time, here's celebrating your Creative Muse.  
~judy


12 comments:

  1. What a cutie is this girl and a great way to show summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorably CUTE CUTE card!! Fabulous job of paper piecing for her dress and your coloring is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, this is adorable! Your fussy cutting skills on her dress are incredible. I can't fussy cut to save my life.... This is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I have this stamp and totally forgot about it!! Thanks for beautiful inspiration. Your coloring is AMAZING! Sweet card ... WELL DONE! Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is amazing and I can see your inspiration for this card. But the craftiness is outstanding! Your coloring is perfect and you paper pieced that dress? I would not have thought of that, but it is wonderful. I have to mention your photography for this card is the Bee's Knees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you remind us of techniques that we have not used for awhile. Sweet stamp and great for the challenge. You will smile when you read my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious! I love that age when they are chubby and squishy!!! They are so snuggly! And the beach because where else would one be in summer πŸŒ΄πŸ‹πŸ’™ Your water color is filled with patterns and shading. Truly beautiful, Judy! And you're right, sentiment not needed. πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sweet darling girl....these are how I love to spend my days at the beach, watching over our sweet little darling girl (aka Penny). This is just soooo sweet, Judy. Love your design and that paper pieced dress....the seaweed and LOOK....she found a starfish--very clever to add it right there! Picture Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is just too adorable with that sweet little girl. Your fussy cutting and water coloring are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a stunning card Judy! The gorgeous image, paper and embellishments are just perfect for your summer card. Lovely colouring too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable, Judy, and your paper piecing perfection. Love the added seashells, especially since she's picking one up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet! Love the paper piecing of her adorable dress and the coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete