Thursday, August 7, 2014

Choose to Shine

Dear Ones~
Happy Thursday, and Friday can't be far behind. I'm looking forward to the weekend with friends.

Today's card was created for the Mod Squad Challenge. This week we are paper piecing. One of my favorite techniques.

Here's my card:
Boy, I wish I had a dress like this. Or rather, I wish I would look good in a dress like this!!! Ha ha!! This beauty has a paper pieced gown full of sparkle. There's lots of glitter in the background paper too, just doesn't show up very well in the pic. And don't ya love her wings??? They are gold embossed on vellum.

Here are the materials I used:
Gina K Designs Edible Eggplant and Ivory Card Stock
DCWV Stardust Paper Stack
Vellum
Hot off the Press Paper Dolls Stamp Set
MFT Die-namics Delicate Doilies Die Set
Copic Markers
Stickles

Well, that's it for me today. Hope I can post something again soon. I miss sharing with all of you. So love your sweet comments, thanks for stopping by my friends!




9 comments:

  1. Oh Em Geeeeeeeeeeee This is one fantastic card. I love the colors, her wings, her figure (that's what I would like lol) But I absolutely love, love her gown! It's just beautiful!!! Yowza! Yikes! Holy Smokes! You done good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Wowza card justs knocks your socks off. I mean, Donna said to so well. Even with all of the sparkly BG, the image stands out ao well. Love her gown, and yes, I am with you guys. Wish I had a figure for something like this. (I can dream)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME, AMAZING, GORGEOUS!!! and everything Donna and Barbara said. Even in my dreams I'd never have a figure like that...so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic. I agree with the other girls especially Donna when she said she wanted her figure. To dream the impossible dream....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to all of the above Judith- this is STUNNING AWESOME BEAUTIFUL WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo - she just sparkles!! Great job with the paper piecing!!! Thanks for playing in the Mod Squad challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy this card is just gorgeous!!! Love that doll stamp, everything is bright and shiney!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such lovely comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, how cool! Thought I recognized that Hot Off The Press stamp set! Do you like their brand? I get their emails and am always so tempted but I don't know if the quality is as good as I'm used to with GKD. (She kind of spoils us with her top quality, doesn't she?) Anyway, I love your card and the wings are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I totally missed seeing this card, but I did. Love this! That stamp is so cute and your colors are wonderful! Love all of the sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete