Thursday, November 19, 2015

Happy Snowman

Dear Ones~
It's raining again here, and our grass is still green. What's up with that????? Thanksgiving is only a week away!!!!
I made this card today for the StampTV challenge. One of my dear online BFFs is hosting this week. Barb Campbell is so talented, she always inspires me. Check out her blog HERE. She asks us to use a snowman on our card.

Here's what I came up with:
 I just love this particular snowman image from Gina K Designs. It's so conducive to paper piecing, which is what I did here. The patterned paper pack is one I just purchased recently. Very Christmas-y, but all purples and blues. I love it. I got out my white gel pen and gave his scarf some texture.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD White and Edible Eggplant Card Stock
GKD Winter Wishes Stamp Set
GKD Merry and Bright Stamp Set for Greeting
Cheery Lynn Flourishes Die
Bo Bunny Altitude Patterned Paper Paack
Stickles and Wink of Stella
Copic Markers
Stash Gems

This card will be entered in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - make a Christmas card 
Great Impressions - bling on the holidays
Power Poppy - embellish this

We are heading to Traverse City in a little while to have our anniversary dinner. Our anniversary is on Thanksgiving this year, so we thought we would celebrate early. 49 years!! I was 9 when we got married....haha. Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments. Stay warm, my friends.







14 comments:

  1. Yea! I love your snowman. Those fabulous non traditional Christmas colors are so stunning. Love the paper piecing and just a note here.... i used white jell pen on my scarf too. Great minds, you know. Thanks for the wonderful intro, and for your entry this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that snowman and those beautiful nontraditional colors. That flourish gives it a look of swirling snow. Congrats on 49 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that snowman too. Love him, That paper is so fabulous. I love the gradient colors and the band with the chevron patter adds a lot of umph to the design. Does it sparkle? the picture looks like it does. Great composition. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute and darling! Great colors too! I doubt I will be joining in the challenge. Just found out company coming again, so no more card making for me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a pretty awesome snowman! Love the cool blues and purples, I feel a chill coming on! I love that you paper pieced him, and then added the white dots, super cute! I also love when you use that fabulous flourish for a winter snow flourish, it's so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh and by the way girlfriend, thanks so much for playing along with us at Great Impressions! Merry Merry!

      Delete
  6. Awesome layering! Love how you used the pattern paper with the darling snowman image! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snowman Judy!! The card layout and colours are fab too. I wish we had snow. I love snowmen at Christmas but alas it would be puddles here in QLD

    ReplyDelete
  8. 49 years! Congratulations! Love your card. The colors are gorgeous, and that patterned paper works perfectly. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty. I love the colors you chose and the design of your card. Your handsome snowman really looks frosty and cold. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, this is TOTALLY darling! I LOVE the fun colors, that super sweet image, and the great patterned paper! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabby card and your colours and embellishments are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun papers and colours for this design! Such a great set of papers. He’s an adorable snow man. Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I missed this one too! I love anything Snowman! Super card and the colors are like WOW..love the scarf color the most! Great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete