Saturday, July 8, 2017

Just Us Girls #401 - Trend Week


Dear Ones~
This week is TREND WEEK over at Just Us Girls, and our gal Nancy has chosen the trend INK BLENDING.  This can most easily be done by using a sponge or sponge dauber, inking it up, and then applying it to the card stock with a swirling motion. Different inks and different card stocks produce different results.

Here's my card:
I used a TON of different ink colors on this card. All but one are Stampin' Up inks. I cut a circle out of card stock that was the same size as my card front. Then I first masked the rest of the card front and just left the circle exposed. After I was finished inking up the sun, I removed the first mask and placed the circle I had cut onto the sun to mask that off.  I inked up the rest of the card front with the pinks and blues. A happy accident was that I didn't get the sun masked off perfectly, and it left that white ring. I think it looks super cool. After I was done with the inking I just stamped the rest of the elements.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Christmas Pine and White Card Stock
Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo Card Stock
GKD The Wetlands Stamps
GKD By the Sea 2 Stamps
SU Inks In:
*Peakaboo Peach
*Flirty Flamingo
*Powder Pink
*Sweet Sugarplum
*Pool Party
GKD Sweet Corn Ink

Please visit the JUST US GIRLS blog to see the wonderful examples that our July Guest Designer Aileen and the rest of the team have made this week. And remember, if you win Chic of the Week in any of our July challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of September!!   Good luck, and I hope to see you there. 

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments!
They always make me smile!!
Hugs~
~judy~

19 comments:

  1. Love the silhouette image -- very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card - it's just so gorgeous and peaceful looking! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous masking and sponging. I love the vibrant colors with the silhouette. It makes me want to get out my inks and sponge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I always love a scene and yours is so beautiful! Awesome sponging and super soothing to the soul to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! No one can sponge and blend like you do, Judy! What a fantastic scene you have created here! That sun does look super cool with that lovely white ring around it, awesome technique--happy accident, whatever! :) I do love the silhouette stamps you used too....it's just a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That aura around your sun is fabulous, Judy. It looks like we had a similar idea for our cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a peaceful, lovely scene! Love the colors, and the silhouette of the bird against the setting sun is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous Judy. The colors are perfect for the quiet, peaceful feel. Love the silhouette and happy mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- love this! Had to come and pin! and love those "happy mistakes!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning Judy! I love the little bit of white showing from the sun - thought you had don that on purpose. Beautiful peaceful scene here. Blending is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one truly fabulous card Judy!! My mouth is still gaping open! The sun is a truly happy accident! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my THUDalicious! What a work of art. Just glorious ink blending technique ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh what a stunning scene! You did a super fantastic job wit this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! I love the combination of colors on this and they are blended to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, this is totally gorgeous. beautiful job of 'inking'...I sure do need practice at that (or more time), this is a beautiful card!!
    {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, including that awesome happy "accident" white ring around the moon! Love your blended colors, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Late, but not forgotten! This card certainly deserves a comment and you got quite a few. Your serene picture is amazing and I love everything about it. Specially the White around the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! You did a awesome job on creating this beautiful silhouette scene! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete