Saturday, August 26, 2017

Just Us Girls #408 - Photo Week

Dear Ones~
This week is PHOTO WEEK over at Just Us Girls, and our gal Maria has chosen this awesome photo for our inspiration.

Here's my Card:
I don't have any flamingos or pineapples, but I do have this Cricut image from the Art Nouveau cartridge. I really love this stylized egret, and I thought if I did it in pink it would kind of resemble a flamingo. Maybe if you squint you can see it....ha ha! I computer generated the greeting - easy peasy. The striped patterned paper mimics the striped cake which is sitting on the table in the background in the photo.

Here are the Ingredients:
Recollections Rose Petal 110# Card Stocks in Various Pinks
Recollections Blossoms and Bliss Patterned Papers
Cricut Art Nouveau Cartridge
M & C Stitched Scalloped Circle Die
SU Succulents Framelits Dies for Flower
Nuvo Crystal Drops
Stash Gold Thread

Please visit the JUST US GIRLS blog to see the wonderful examples that our August Guest Designer Darnell and the rest of the team have made this week. And remember, if you win Chic of the Week in any of our August challenges, you will be in the running to be chosen as our Guest Designer for the month of October!!   Good luck, and I hope to see you there. 

Thanks for stopping by, I adore your comments!
They always make me smile!!
Hugs~
~judy~

18 comments:

  1. What a fun bird die! Made for a great congrats card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card and I think that looks like a flamingo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Love the "flamingo!" Could've fooled me, actually you did! lol The pink is perfect. Works great for the whole card. Love the background, too. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! You have really rocked this challenge. Thought it was a flamingo. The paper really resembles the honeycomb decorations. Fun fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, happy card Judy. Perfect background papers for your "flamingo" with attitude. Love the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! Pink flamingos, pineapples and aloha? I love your design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pink egret! Very creative thinking on that. Your design is so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you fooled me too Judy. I didn't even notice it wasn't a flamingo! Love her. Gorgeous colours and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That flamingo is the BEST! I love how you made it the huge center of your card. What a fun one this is! Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to substitute your pink egret for a flamingo, Judy. It looks wonderful as does the stripe down the side. I never ever paid attention to that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FUN photo.....FAB card! It's a PARTY! lol I love the colors you used and pulled from the photo! Perfect Designer Papers and that Flamingo is awesome! I also love one of your signature styles, the looped gold fiber, especially under that pretty posie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the coolest flamingo ever! Love your color combo~

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad I am not the only one without pineapples and flamingo stamps! Sure wish I would have used my brain quicker like you did! Your card is so pretty! Love the Pink Egret....I mean Flamingo. LOL It really does looks great in pink! Sensational job with this photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh that flamingo is amazing! Fantastic job this cards is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I TOTALLY thought your egret was a flamingo, Judy! Very, very clever and a beautiful art nouveau style! Thank you again for the pleasure of playing with you this month!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card and that sentiment is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is one gorgeous bird die cut! Love that you made it pink too. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I thought right off the bat it was a flamingo and it's a fabulous card...as soon as I saw it on the challenge site I loved it!! Hope you are having a great time and keeping warm in the I am sure 'cool nights'!!
    Diane {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete