Monday, January 15, 2018

Dies R Us - Swan Song

Dear Ones~

Seems like it's been awhile since I did a blog post. Guess I have just been busy. Today's offering is for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog. Here is my card:

And here's how I made it.
First I got out some Distress Inks and sponges. I made a mask with a circle die to mask off the moon, and tore some paper as a mask for the land. After sponging the background I removed the moon mask and lightly sponged with Black Soot to give the moon some dimension.
Here's how it turned out.
Then I went about doing all my die cutting. Now it was time to put it all together. here' s a close up of that beautiful swan by Dee's Diestinctive.

These are the dies I used.

Image result for poppy stamps weeping willow arch
Image result for dee's distinctively gloria swan

Dee's Distinctively Gloria Swan  

Image result for frantic stamper assorted foliage

Frantic Stamper Assorted Foliage

Sue Wilson Designs - Orange Blossom - Open Petals
 Sue Wilson Designs-
Orange Blossom-
Open Petals


Thanks for stopping by! I so look forward your lovely coments!
And don't forget to come and join in all of the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below. 
click below for:

~judy~



11 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That swan is magnificent! Love how you put all of these lovely dies together! That Weeping Willow is going on my wish list! I can almost see Rob and Libby walking in the woods beyond. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, this is gorgeous! I'm in awe of how you can layer so perfectly - everything looks so stunning together! Work of art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful. Great use of dies for making it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it has been a very busy time of year. Love your swan song card. I can just gaze into the moonlit background beyond the trees. Love those swirling swan feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful background. That tree is perfect for this setting.It reminds me of the Spanish moss the hangs from the trees in Swan Lake, one of my favorite places, in South Carolina.The flowers in front are perfect. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Judy!! All the dies are put together so perfectly. I can just feel the tranquility of that beautiful swan floating by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What an exquisite card you have here Judy. You sure know how to work those dies. Beautiful soft background for that amazing swan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with the swan and the beautiful tree. Your sponging is fantastic! What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! That Weeping Willow die is awesome! Love your card. Great job on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Judy. The background is so well blended and the white swan just pops in front of it.

    ReplyDelete