Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Double D - Silhouettes

Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D the theme is SILHOUETTES. How fun!!! Just look at the Mood Board provided for our inspiration:

 

And here is my card:
I just adore this old stamp set by Close to my Heart. I have not used it in a very long time. To make the background I cut a circle and masked off the moon. Then I sponged the sky with Distress Inks. After the sky was finished, I removed the moon mask and applied the background mask to expose the circle so I could sponge the color for the moon. The silhouette images were heat embossed with black embossing powder, and for a final touch I splattered Copic Opaque Ink to create stars.

Here are the Ingredients:
GKD Black Onyx, White and Ivory Card Stock
Distress Inks in:
Tumbled Glass
Salty Ocean
Chipped Saphire
Dusty Concord
Black Soot
CTMH Nature's Gift
GKD Masking Magic
Copic Opaque Ink




If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this fabulous die by Frantic Stampers. And don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created. 
 
So that's it for me, thanks for stopping by. I adore your comments, they always make me smile. And don't forget to stop over at Double D, there is always so much inspiration there.
Hugs~
~judy

18 comments:

  1. Wow, stunning card Judy and it is a great stamp, so unique and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! What a great scene you have created! Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gorgeous card you made. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH how fantastic! Love your background and that glorious full moon, just like we have had for the past few nights. I also like the stamps you chose for this setting, they are perfect silhouettes. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my, these are such gloriously beautiful stamps! I love stamps with movement like this and am particularly drawn to the swirly patterns. Beautiful full moon and night sky. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, this is absolutely amazing. You did a fantastic job on that beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Judy what an awesome Christmas scene you have created here. Perfect gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, this is such a beautiful woodland scene shadowed by moonlight! I love the eagle flying just over the deer. They seem to be peering up at it! Lots of great techniques too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you love this stamp! It's so gorgeous! Love your moon and background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stamp Judy, so 'romantic' in a way.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful, magical scene!! Your sky with the moon and splatters is a perfect background for the fabulous stamps!!! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, Judy Judy! This card is a knockout! After reading how you made it I was so impressed that you would do black embossing. Mine never comes out very well so I try to avoid it. I adoes that huge moon it is great with the fancy deer. It is quite magical.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful silhouetted scene, Judy. I'm with Barbara. I gave up on black embossing powder. I have an unopened jar I should give to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent scene here Judy! Love the giant moon and the shimmery scene! I can see why it's one of your favorite stamps! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW Judy absolutely stunning, I love your card and the wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Judy! What a delightful title for your blog. I don't believe I've visited before, and what a feast to see all the wonderful ways you share your crafting skills. Your silhouette creation is GORGEOUS with all the magic of animals and moonlight! Beautifully done. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a stunning Christmas card Judy! Beautiful scene you have created with the gorgeous image and background colours. My apology for the delayed comment.

    ReplyDelete