Friday, April 22, 2022

WHOOT ARE YOU?

 Dear Ones~

One of my besties, Donna Phelan, is guest hosting the Gina K Designs Monthly Mix Challenge for the month of April, and I'm so excited to play along. Her challenge is to use a TAG on your card. How FUN!
 

This is what I came up with:

I am so in love with these adorable owls. The owl image is part of GKD Forest Friends Stamp Set by Melanie Muenchinger. I thought it would be fun to stamp them 3 times on the tag to look like they are peering out at us from a hole in a tree. They are stamped on kraft with black ink, embossed with clear embossing powder and then heavily colored with white colored pencil. That white really pops against the kraft - LOVE it! The background was stamped with the GKD Something Good Stamp Set by Lisa Hetrick, I love her work. That plank of wood border is stamped with an image from the GKD Perfect Pallets Stamp Set.


 
The Ingredients:
GKD Dark Sage, kraft, Dark Chocolate and Sandy Beach Card
GKD Dark Chocolate, Dark Sage and Fresh Asparagus Inks
GKD Decorative Tags Die Set
GKD Forest Friends and Forest Friends Additions Stamp Sets
GKD Something Good Stamp Set
GKD Perfect Pallets Stamp Set
Prismacolor White Pencil
Trinity Stamps Baubles

 
 
 
This was a fun challenge to do, and I adore Donna. She has been an online crafting friend for a very long time, I met her over at Stamp TV when Gina first started doing her videos. Aren't online friendships just the best? I am blessed.

Thanks for stopping by, I always appreciate your lovely comments. Stay tuned for more fun challenges with old Stamp TV friends over at Gina K Designs

Until next time, here's celebrating your creative Muse!!
~judy

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautifully handsome woodsy and rustic all at once! I adore those little owl faces on that fab tag, what a hoot! Loving your background too, I can see some foliage and that awesome wood slice! Thank you so much for playing along and always supporting me! I feel like even though we have never met, we are truly friends til the end! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a beliver out of me with this card. I could not see a card made with this owl omage but you proved me wrong. I love the rustic and woodsey loof to this card and the white pencil is great on kraft too. What Donna said about never meeting but being great friends. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cards, Judy! It's always a treat to come and see what you've made. Those owls are amazing! Brilliant and so very effective with the white on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at owls, Judy. They do look like they're peering out at us and are so cute.

    ReplyDelete