Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Double D - WATER RELATED

 
Dear Ones~
This time over at Double D the challenge is anything WATER RELATED. Lots of possibilities with this one. Here is the Mood Board for our inspiration:
 

 Here's my card:

 
I was hard put to come up with something for this one. I really don't have much in the way of water-related images. But then I remembered I had this fabulous stamp by Designs by Ryn. It's so fun to use and with a little tweeking with some white gel pen the drops look pretty realistic. That moth is from the Tim Holtz Funky Insects die set. Another of my favorites. The background is a stencil called Paint Splatter by Lawn Fawn.
 


 
 
 
 A close up of the bug. I think it's a moth of some sort, and I added an extra layer of vellum for the wings. Love doing that. 









The Ingredients:
GKD White Card Stock
Scrapbook.com Cools Card Stock Pad
Lawn Fawn Paint Splatter Background Stencil
SU Pool Party & Marina Mist Inks
Designs by Ryn Water Droplets Stamp
Tim Holtz Funky Insects Die Set
Hot Off the Press Artful Affirmations for Greeting
SSS Dazzling Gems
White Gel Pen from my Stash

 
 
 If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this absolutely wonderful embossing folder. I just love it!!!  Also, don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created.


 Until next time dear readers, ASPIRE to be INSPIRED. 
Here's celebrating your CREATIVE MUSE!!
~judy

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Judy and so creative with the splashes and water droplets and of course the fun moth too, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Judy, and a very clever idea for a water themed card. I think the background came out perfect for this challenge. I love the softness you added to the moth as well. The vellum layer is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome Judy ... love all the water drops! Fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing that comes to mind is, "Splish Splash"! I love this water spattered background. Those water drops look amazing. The moth with the added vellum wings and gems makes it look like a jeweled brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Judy, I find this card the MOST interesting and creative on in the bunch! Those water droplets by Ryn as tremendous. I have them too and they are so real looking. You use them like a master here. I delight in the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mind is blown by this water stamp! I was certain you had added heavy glossy drops of some kind. WOW! I love the bug, too, with it's jeweled wings. It actually looks like some kind of water bug that I've seen many times fluttering and skipping close to the running water of a creek or small river. A mayfly, perhaps? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful, Judy! I had this water droplet stamp and I had yet to use it so I gave it away. Probably shouldn't have done that. Gorgeous job my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those raindrops are fantastic, so realistic! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete