Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Double D - 12 Days of Christmas 1-6

Dear Ones~
What a fun challenge we have this time over at Double D. We are looking at the 12 Days of Christmas, but just days 1-6. Here is a Mood Board for inspiration:


And here is my card:
So I chose Two Turtle Doves. Here I used the plaid background because I loved the vintage look of the plaid with the doves. The images are cut from some Graphic 45 patterned paper called, appropriately enough, The 12 Days of Christmas. I used the Paper Tole Technique by fussy cutting various segments of the images and layering them for dimension. It was so fun and something I have not done for a very long time.

Here are the Ingredients:
*Stampin' Up Cajun Craze Card Stock
*Recollections Cream Card Stock
*Stash Gold Foil Card Stock
*Stampin' Up Detailed Bands Die
*Graphic 45 12 Days of Christmas 
Patterned Paper
*Stampin' Up Layering Ovals Dies


If you head on over to the  Double D Challenge Blog and play along, you could win this adorable die from Impression Obsession. And don't forget to check out all the beautiful cards the other designers have created for your inspiration.
 

So that's it for me, thanks for stopping by. I adore your comments, they always make me smile. And don't forget to stop over at Double D and see what's going on.
Until next time, here's celebrating your Creative Muse.
~judy

11 comments:

  1. WOW!! How elegant and sweet card!! Love so much your inspiration for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best vintage Christmas card for this challenge. I have know you for a long time and I don't think that I have see you use this technique before. How sweet if that plaid with the golden border and the oval swirls with the pearls really add to the vintage look that you did. What a great idea to continue the layers on your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That Designer Paper is gorgeous, love your 2 turtle doves, beautiful image! I also loooooove that pretty plaid! For 2 weeks I have been scouring the craft paper aisles, they have nothing! I even bought a plaid background stamp, but it does not stamp well! This is so pretty, Judy! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally gorgeous Judy! This paper from G45 is one of my all time favorite lines and I wish they'd bring it back in to print. Your dimentional turtle doves are lovely and I love the touches of gold and the beautiful filigree frame. So lovely and perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Judy! LOVE the Christmas gingham with those turtle doves ... you're right, they truly work well together! So festive ... LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great plaid background and perfect for this card. I love it when we have a chance to bring out some old techniques and use them. Your paper tole turtle doves are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Judy! I love the plaid background paper in this collection! Seems several of us loved these papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course you know I am loving this card because of THAT BACKGROUND PAPER! What a beautiful card with all it's layers, dies and those two doves are dreamy. Another stunning work of art My Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it's beautiful! I love the plaid and you did an amazing job with those doves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous Judy! I love all those beautiful vintage elements.

    ReplyDelete