Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Mod Squad Challenge - A Day for Mothers

Dear Ones~
It's my turn again over at Mod Squad. Since we are in May now, I decided that my challenge would simply be to make a Mother's Day card. The only stipulation is that the word MOTHER must be on the front of the card. While I no longer have my mom to make a card for, I do have a lovely friend named Edie to whom I always send a Mother's Day card.

 SPONSOR

Gina K. has been in the stamping industry since 1998 and started Gina K. Designs in 2007. As the business grew, Gina asked her husband Tom to leave his position as an attorney to join her in the business. Together they built StampTV, their online video website featuring broadcast quality paper crafting videos, galleries, social network for paper crafters and more! Gina now has over 200,000 followers over her various social media networks and video sites from all around the world. Gina’s goal is to continue to offer top quality signature products through her online store Gina K. Designs along with informative and creative crafting videos.
Shop Gina K Designs. Gina K. has been in the stamping industry since 1998 and started Gina K. Designs in 2007. As the business grew, Gina asked her husband Tom to leave his position as an attorney to join her in the business. Together they built StampTV, their online video website featuring broadcast quality paper crafting videos, galleries, social network for paper crafters and more! Gina now has over 200,000 followers over her various social media networks and video sites from all around the world.Gina’s goal is to continue to offer top quality signature products through her online store Gina K. Designs along with informative and creative crafting videos.

 

PRIZE

A $20 gift certificate to the Gina K Designs store.

Here's my creation:
For this card I used a Gina K Designs stamp set by Melanie Muenchinger called Fabulous Rose Frame. The greeting is from the Gina K Designs Springtime Baskets stamp set. It was heat embossed on vellum with GKD Champagne Embossing Powder using GKD Embossing Ink. I did not know this set had retired before I made the card, however the A Beautiful Life stamp set has a lovely Mother’s Day greeting. Card stocks used were Dusty Rose and Black Onyx


Glad you stopped by, and don't forget to head on over to The Mod Squad Challenge Blog and play along. You could win the prize! I can't wait to see your wonderful creations, and I adore your comments.
 
I hope you all are well and staying away from others. These are strange times, aren't we glad we have our craft to keep us sane?
 
Until next time, here's celebrating your Creative Muse.
~judy





12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love those flowers. I am not sure I will join or not as I already sent off my cards to my daughters and my Mom is in Heaven now. Too bad we have to include Mother or Mom on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Judy! My Mom loves you! This card is gorgeous! The roses are fabulous and your coloring is beyond brilliant! Beautifully designed! I do love a Vellum sentiment strip. Oh and I will be sure to tell her the embossing is Champagne! lol She will love this! Thank you so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!! Your coloring is amazing. Love the touch of black mat and the rounded corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Judy. Lovely blending of those gorgeous flowers. Nice touch with the vellum greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super awesome colouring and fabulous image used...great make.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Judy. I love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! So glad to hear you make cards for your friends on Mother's day. I do that too. Always love a good reason to celebrate with a pretty card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, so soft and pretty, fabulous stamp set too!! Yes, crazy times for sure, how I wish things were normal and all this never happened!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lovely card with Fabulous coloring. Great choice of colours, love the embossed sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I had forgotten all about that stamp set. Your coloring is fantastic! Such a sweet, sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card! Love the coloring of the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you colored the flowers--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete